Disable map guidance instantly?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dad4geer

Car
W204 C180 AMG Sport
So as most of you know I am new to Merc and still learning its different bits and bobs.. I normally use my iPhone as Sat Nav as recently it has improved so much that it gives you different routes with times by taking into account congestion etc. Yesterday though I decided to give my COMAND Navi a go so entered the post code of the area where I was heading. It calculated the route guidance etc. all OK.

When I reached the area of post code I was thinking it will automatically stop but by Navi calculation I did not reach the exact point of that post code. Obviously I just wanted to get in that area so I was so looking to disconnect Navi or disable it while I was driving and I could not find a short cut. In the background she kept going on about turn left turn right :wallbash: Later though I found by going through different menus that there is an option of "end map guidance" or something like that.

My question is how can I disable map guidance instantly? like just tapping a button? like I can stop audio with that mute button on the steering wheel?

Thanks

Last edited:
Your system will be newer than mine, but if I wanted to cancel a route, I'd press NAV button, which will ask if I want to cancel the route, press yes to cancel.

Your system will be newer than mine, but if I wanted to cancel a route, I'd press NAV button, which will ask if I want to cancel the route, press yes to cancel.

Thanks.

Do you mean that button on left?

Attachments

• navi.JPG
    navi.JPG
    98.6 KB · Views: 18
Thanks.

Do you mean that button on left?

Yes, but it may be different on yours. Mine is as below;

comand2202004.jpg

Good thanks..I think in mine it says "NAVI" instead of "NAV" in yours.. Cheers bud, I will check it out soon.

My question is how can I disable map guidance instantly? like just tapping a button? like I can stop audio with that mute button on the steering wheel?
You need to select the Destination menu option on the screen with the multi-way controller on the centre console, then select the first option which is "Cancel Route Guidance".

Alternatively, if you have Linguatronic, press the speak button on the steering wheel and say "Cancel Route Guidance". The system responds with the prompt, "Do you wish to cancel route guidance?", to which you respond "Yes".

You need to select the Destination menu option on the screen with the multi-way controller on the centre console, then select the first option which is "Cancel Route Guidance".

Alternatively, if you have Linguatronic, press the speak button on the steering wheel and say "Cancel Route Guidance". The system responds with the prompt, "Do you wish to cancel route guidance?", to which you respond "Yes".

You need to select the Destination menu option on the screen with the multi-way controller on the centre console, then select the first option which is "Cancel Route Guidance". >>>> Yeah that I know and I eventually did this to cancel route guidance but it seems too much hassle for me just to cancel a route?.. I will try that Navi option... Linguatronic, I never used it..don't know if I have to set it up first?

If it's just the dashboard lady you want silenced, you can simply use your steering wheel volume button to turn her down whilst she's talking. (But only whilst she's talking or you'll turn down the volume of whatever media you're listening to.) That way there's no need to take your eyes off the road.

As you have Comand, presumably you have the voice activated linguatronic, or whatever it's called. You can cancel it by pressing the linguatronic button and saying 'cancel route guidance'.

Ignore post if you don't have voice activated!

As you have Comand, presumably you have the voice activated linguatronic, or whatever it's called. You can cancel it by pressing the linguatronic button and saying 'cancel route guidance'.

Ignore post if you don't have voice activated!

yeah never worked with Lingua..... maybe I need to activate it first?

Just press the button and speak...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom