Disable OLD IMMOBILISER & INSTALL NEW IMMOBILISER - '95 C124, anyone??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

charan_singh

Guys,

Does anyone have any experience of disabling the original immobiliser on a '95 C124? Mine is giving me jip and i just want it out..

AND, has anyone put in something as an aftermarket replacement?

Thanks guys..

Our immobiliser seemed to have packed up - the car would start whether you followed the immobiliser process or not. Ended up fitting a Toad unit - not sure which model. It was done in Italy so may not be available in the uk. I would advise getting it done by someone who has done a 124 before especially if you want it to operate the central locking as well. The control units on 124s seem to have a mind of their own as they get older.
Not sure how to disable the immobiliser but I understand that it is pretty easy.

If it were mine I'd take it to a professional ICE/security company and have it properly disabled/removed and a modern system installed at the same time.

The last thing you want is a malfunctioning immobiliser cutting power to your engine while on the move or something!

yep - thanks guys. Old immob has been disabled, new one is in this weekend. Car is currently locked up in my garage!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom