Disabled access grants

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mbstarz

Car
Mercedes c220 cdi sport
Does anyone know if there are any grants or funding available to businesses to provide disabled access/facilities?

I know councils tend to adapt houses for disabled users but not sure about businesses..

Note: the business type it children's day centre

Many thanks in advance

Mbstarz said:
Does anyone know if there are any grants or funding available to businesses to provide disabled access/facilities? I know councils tend to adapt houses for disabled users but not sure about businesses.. Note: the business type it children's day centre Many thanks in advance

From memory, whilst at a local authority as the property officer, the only disability facilities grants available were for domestic residencies, and they were loans and means tested. As a private company I would suggest the relevant clauses of the DDA that suggest reasonable adaptations to a property would require funding by the company supplying the service.

From memory, whilst at a local authority as the property officer, the only disability facilities grants available were for domestic residencies, and they were loans and means tested. As a private company I would suggest the relevant clauses of the DDA that suggest reasonable adaptations to a property would require funding by the company supplying the service.

I'm a bit out of date on this stuff, but I'm pretty sure you are correct, certainly used to be the position.

I'm currently working with a village hall committee on a major update which will include disabled facilities.
They have been fundraising but they are also raising money from a Lottery Grant, they are getting a grant from Screwfix and several others as I understand it.

Piff said:
I'm currently working with a village hall committee on a major update which will include disabled facilities. They have been fundraising but they are also raising money from a Lottery Grant, they are getting a grant from Screwfix and several others as I understand it.

I'd suggest that's managed by the Parish Council so will have the benefit of being a public body when attracting grants etc. Private company will have to fund their own adaptations unless the DRC (disability rights commission) can provide any more assistance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom