Disabled parking in Italy?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I hope he was also 'stuck on' for littering and , most of all , for driving the vehicle in an unsafe condition with vision obstructed .

Presumably Italian law is similar to ours , other than that their police might shoot you !

That's wonderful.

Unfortunately my lovely wife is disabled. She has been from being 17. She's 42 now. We use our blue badge sensibly and only when/if I can't drop her off nearer to where ever she needs to go when she is walking. If she is going to be using her manual wheelchair or electric scooter then we never take up a disabled spot. Trying to free up a space for other people that it helps. I'm proud to say I have NEVER used the blue badges unless she is with me and the use is for her.

You'd be amazed and the resentful looks & attitude we receive off others. It's as if they think she's happy to be disabled. I'm very aware there are abusers of the system. And they deserve to be caught and punished.

The guy in this picture has been shamed. I hope it teaches him that those disabled spaces really help make life just a little bit easier for the people that need them most.

Ant

I recently went to Tesco's and was heading towards the blue badge area. I saw what I thought was a parking space and just as I was about to swing in I realised it wasn't wide enough. Confused, I parked in another bay nearby and as I got out realised the reason I couldn't park in the space was because a woman (if you can call her that) had parked her Focus across 2 disabled bays. She had no badge and was arguing with a man (approx in his late forties) as he was struggling to sit his elderly mother in his car as he had to park in a normal bay with limited space and couldn't open the door enough. He had a badge but no empty bay. The Focus owner continued to hurl abuse at him and had no remorse over taking 2 disabled bays up.

I asked if he wanted my bay but he said thanks but I am about to leave. The Focus owner was still hurling abuse at him as she slowly drove off.

Maybe not the right thing to do but I wish I had paid more attention when parking as I would have parked straight across the front of her blocking her in, put my badge in the window and gone in to shop.

I recently went to Tesco's and was heading towards the blue badge area. I saw what I thought was a parking space and just as I was about to swing in I realised it wasn't wide enough. Confused, I parked in another bay nearby and as I got out realised the reason I couldn't park in the space was because a woman (if you can call her that) had parked her Focus across 2 disabled bays. She had no badge and was arguing with a man (approx in his late forties) as he was struggling to sit his elderly mother in his car as he had to park in a normal bay with limited space and couldn't open the door enough. He had a badge but no empty bay. The Focus owner continued to hurl abuse at him and had no remorse over taking 2 disabled bays up.

I asked if he wanted my bay but he said thanks but I am about to leave. The Focus owner was still hurling abuse at him as she slowly drove off.

Maybe not the right thing to do but I wish I had paid more attention when parking as I would have parked straight across the front of her blocking her in, put my badge in the window and gone in to shop.

A great example of the resentment people have for the blue badge scheme.

A have many stories to tell but once I start I'll never stop. Hehehe.

Ant

It would have been worth taking her picture and shaming her on social media - these are the sort of things that go viral ; local press may have ran it too . Always worth reporting these things to the store manager , if this person repeats this behaviour 'she/it' might get banned from the store .

While there is legislation governing the use of blue badges , and indeed disabled spaces on the street and council car parks , it is also needed in private disabled spaces - enforceable fines would be a deterrent .

It's a sign of the times that people think it's OK to act like that.
Imagine how this bint lives her worthless life and what she is teaching her, no doubt numerous, children.
Thick as a brick.

While there is legislation governing the use of blue badges , and indeed disabled spaces on the street and council car parks , it is also needed in private disabled spaces - enforceable fines would be a deterrent .

Well maybe also allocate the spaces more sensibly.

Most of the problems at the retail park I visit most often are I suspect caused by the allocation of all the shop frontage bays to blue badge use. There are far too many and the reallocation has eliminated the spaces for people to pickup heavy goods.

So what happen? At busy times people occupy the swathe of blue badge spaces so disobedience becomes normal - and at non-busy times people have started using tyhem when picking up or dropping off.

My view is more sensible allocation would be a good start - backed up by stronger enforcement. So if there are too many spaces - particularly if they disadvantage other users - then reduce them. But also think about one or two or more blue badge only drop off / pickup points at suitable locations so that when things are busy and where practical a driver can drop off their passenger and then park in a normal space.

It would have been worth taking her picture and shaming her on social media - these are the sort of things that go viral ; local press may have ran it too . Always worth reporting these things to the store manager , if this person repeats this behaviour 'she/it' might get banned from the store .

I agree - I was cursing myself as to why I did not take a pic or film it, definitely will if it happens again.

Great video, I like it!
However it had been filmed in Brazil, not in Italy. The Facebook user who posted and probably edited it is Italian though.

Brilliant :thumb::thumb:

Fantastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom