Disappointment.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
we need proof. Pic of tax disc with the cars reg. Pic of car would help too.

Watch out Olly - you'll have a certain forum member having a go at you - fancy asking for proof!!!!

:rolleyes: :D

I have the perfect solution: Most of us on here love Mercs right? Some of you have way too many Mercs than your wives/husbands/partners are happy with but let's face it, if you have never owned or driven a W124 then you must be longing to as everyone raves about them....so buy it from our friend on the Scottish borders, sign an agreement to sell it back to him once he can afford it...both parties happy-Simples!!

I have the perfect solution: Most of us on here love Mercs right? Some of you have way too many Mercs than your wives/husbands/partners are happy with but let's face it, if you have never owned or driven a W124 then you must be longing to as everyone raves about them....so buy it from our friend on the Scottish borders, sign an agreement to sell it back to him once he can afford it...both parties happy-Simples!!

I've seen the ad - there are better available at the same money or less IMO

LMAO! Thanks all.
I bought the car from a local trader. He kept it for me while I paid it off, taxed it yesterday and delivered it this morning moments after I found out insurance was a no-go!
I'll either keep the car or sell with tax. Swap for another Benz would be better.

I've seen the ad - there are better available at the same money or less IMO

It's well worth the money. I've seen worse ones go for £700

It's very clean!

An' cheers for the loan offers but borrowing money from friends/family wouldn't be a problem. It's the paying it back bit that I might struggle with :)

Also, I don't get all the "we need proof" and "smells fishy". I just wanted to join a club and share my story with people who will understand what this means to me rather than telling my family who will just say "why the **** didn't you just buy a fiesta?"

Thanks for the warm welcome, reading this has cheered me up a bit!

I just wanted to join a club and share my story with people who will understand what this means to me rather than telling my family who will just say "why the **** didn't you just buy a fiesta?"

Now they can say "You did WHAT on the internet ?"

Also, I don't get all the "we need proof" and "smells fishy". I just wanted to join a club and share my story with people who will understand what this means to me rather than telling my family who will just say "why the **** didn't you just buy a fiesta?"

Thanks for the warm welcome, reading this has cheered me up a bit!

To be fair, t'internet is full of odd people, and people tend to be suspicious....

On the other hand, there are people who are just prepared to share their woes.

You've learnt that a bit of planning goes a long way, so the experience isn't wasted:)

I hope you get it sorted, and actually enjoy driving the 190. It will be far better than a Fiesta!

You said you transfered your insurance over? so you already had a car?
why would you want to buy a car when you have not even got the money for petrol?
Somethings not right here.

Not asking for anything but people were willing to give him money straight away. i know thats very kind of them but this is just how scammers work and honestly they should be more careful, it might be more than 20 quid they lose next time.

Well if he came here expecting that then he struck lucky, since I have NEVER seen that before. And he didn't entertain it at all.

Give him a break.

Whatever the outcome, scam or bullspit etc, the golden rule for me would be that someone on such a borderline with money should not be faffing about with cars.

Feeding the family and keeping a roof over ones heads would be my priority. Obviously if a car is needed for the job then something sensible and cheap to run would be far better.

Oh, and the reason insurance may be an issue for older cars is that they are a bucket load less safe than modern cars in terms of "safety features" and failures due to worn parts and rust. Not saying I agree, but that is the underwriters assessment of the risk.

strange he stopped replying after sweetpea questioned his post?
I've never heard of insurance companys not wanting to insure anything over 20 years, my last merc was more than that and i had no problems insuring it. google insurance company do not insure anything over 20 years old and you wont find anything. If he is genuine i wish him the best of luck.

Sweetpea (why does it always feel funny starting with that) asked the question in post 11, Sadsack (just as bad) posted four more times after that.

strange he stopped replying after sweetpea questioned his post?
I've never heard of insurance companys not wanting to insure anything over 20 years, my last merc was more than that and i had no problems insuring it. google insurance company do not insure anything over 20 years old and you wont find anything. If he is genuine i wish him the best of luck.

My previous insurance company specifically stated they do not insure cars over 15 years old (which ruled out my first W124). This is why I moved to Adrian Flux.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom