• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Disaster, please help

If I were you, my plan would be to follow Patricks advice and go for a new one. He has found the part number for you and a new one will come with a parts warranty and will be a first time fix "hopefully"

If I were you, my plan would be to follow Patricks advice and go for a new one. He has found the part number for you and a new one will come with a parts warranty and will be a first time fix "hopefully"
Sorry if I missed it, but where can I get a new part? I emailed all MB dealers and all say that this part has stopped being produced, for a long while now

Yes, would ideally buy a new part, if there’s a seller? Any links

Sorry if I missed it, but where can I get a new part? I emailed all MB dealers and all say that this part has stopped being produced, for a long while now

Yes, would ideally buy a new part, if there’s a seller? Any links
Take a look at post number 34

There are some times when a NLA part may still show as stock.

If you've tried a decent dealer and they say no then best to buy on the second hand market.

There is one on that popular auction site listed as brand new for £450 or Make an Offer. ;) A2049006709

There are some times when a NLA part may still show as stock.

If you've tried a decent dealer and they say no then best to buy on the second hand market.

There is one on that popular auction site listed as brand new for £450 or Make an Offer. ;) A2049006709
Which auction site? sorry trying to read and type on iphone without glasses is tedious

What you want is A204900670964

Stocked in UK.
The number given by the garage is
A 204 545 4401

Will the above part , with a different number, be ok?

Attachments

• Mercedes SAM unit.jpg
    Mercedes SAM unit.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1
Update:
A great guy from MB Sandown took the time and energy to contact parts in Germany
and find it !!!!!’ Hooray
At a total cost of 735 quid. Will make the payment today
Fingers crossed, all goes well, will have it sorted by next week
Thanks everyone, specially Patrick et al
KR

Mel

Direct from the Mercedes system this morning.

Untitled.jpg

Untitled2.jpg

You have to remember that most garages are useless, if you always remember this then take anything they tell you with a pinch of salt. :)

Thanks everyone, I finally got the car home

Ken H from Sandown MB was a life saver. I emailed nearly everyone in Europe and all said the same. Part is no longer manufactured
Ken managed to source it from Germany and courier it to the garage. Who fixed it the next day. Problem was water leaking through the black box type structure from the vipers, another story
They sealed the black box and hope it will remain water tight

Thanks once again to everyone, God bless

Mel

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom