Disc brakes r129 320sl A12RAS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

greg palmer

Car
e220 convertible 1993 A124 & 320SL 1996
All, without measuring the discs on my car (rear) how can I find out what diameter they are?
Want to purchase new ones, can’t afford dealer original, and aftermarket offer at least 3 different sizes....278/298/300

can’t afford dealer original

Have you checked? OE brake parts are usually pretty competitive.

If the rears are vented (easy to check) then they will be 300mm. Otherwise I would expect 290x10 solid discs, but the last 6 digits of your VIN would guide.

Have you checked? OE brake parts are usually pretty competitive.

If the rears are vented (easy to check) then they will be 300mm. Otherwise I would expect 290x10 solid discs, but the last 6 digits of your VIN would guide.
Thanks,
It appears that there are 278 and 290 listed, and I can’t find anything to tell me what is the difference.
300 appears to go on 500/600 models, similarly, I need the rubber flex brake hoses, rear, and there are 2 listed, 290 and 310 length. Any clues why different lengths ?
Thanks for reply

Thanks,
It appears that there are 278 and 290 listed, and I can’t find anything to tell me what is the difference.
300 appears to go on 500/600 models, similarly, I need the rubber flex brake hoses, rear, and there are 2 listed, 290 and 310 length. Any clues why different lengths ?
Thanks for reply

Earlier cars had smaller discs. The vented discs will be on anything with ESP, not just v8/v12.

Similarly for the hoses, different lengths depending on the systems the car is fitted with.

Thanks,
I’m going to strip it down and measure then buy, can’t get it wrong then !
Thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom