Disc jammed ntg1 sat nav

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

flt.eng

Car
E320 avantgared
I entered a stored position into the sat nav, got to START ROUTE, entered OK it then came up with :NO DVD please insert nav dvd (boot): I removed & replaced the CD 3 times to no avail. After getting home I tried to remove the DVD but now it won't eject. Is there anything I can try or does it sound like an expensive job. Happy XMAS everyone.

Pull the fuse for the nav drive, and then wait 10 seconds and put it back in. Its one of those in the fusebox next to the drive, but I cant remember which. It will probably be 7.5amp one .

The Nav drive is expensive. £3k from MB, £1K from comand online, cheaper on eBay but often of dubious history. Also, if your Nav disk is old and the drive is new it will have newer firmware and you may need an updated Nav drive. Firmware changed around Version 8...

The drives often fail if the car has been jetwashed up the left side of the bumber as there is an airvent that jetwash will blow water into the back of the nav drive :-(

Richard

Pull the fuse for the nav drive, and then wait 10 seconds and put it back in. Its one of those in the fusebox next to the drive, but I cant remember which. It will probably be 7.5amp one .

The Nav drive is expensive. £3k from MB, £1K from comand online, cheaper on eBay but often of dubious history. Also, if your Nav disk is old and the drive is new it will have newer firmware and you may need an updated Nav drive. Firmware changed around Version 8...

The drives often fail if the car has been jetwashed up the left side of the bumber as there is an airvent that jetwash will blow water into the back of the nav drive :-(

Richard

Thanks for your reply Richard, I will check out your possible fix (fuse) I've a horrible feeling it's going to be more than that. I'm never that lucky.
If I can't fix it would you have a look at it. My son frequently goes to Reading & if you are convenient, he could drop it in to you. Would you like to PM me with your details. The car details are 03 w211 E320 avantgared With original NTG1 sat nav & HK 4.0 disc. Is there anything I should watch for when I remove the unit, & bye the way I have not jet washed the car. To remove fuse & wait does the ignition need to be on.

Last edited:
Be careful not to damage the fibres when you remove it, sometimes they are tied to the main loom and you can not remove the Nav drive without having released all the connectors first, which requires reaching behind and knowing how to undo them

PM sent

Cheers

RIchard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom