Discount codes for battery

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gollom

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
S204 C220CDi Sport ED125 (Mr) Kia Picanto Domino 1.1 (Mrs)
Do we still get discount from motor factors? S204 needs a new main battery

Further to this, anyone know definitively which battery? Get about 4 different ones depending on the website so far! S204 C220CDi Sport ED125 BlueEfficiency 61 plate

Many thanks

Last edited:
Got what I need - £85 for a Bosch on eBay (15% off till tomorrow!)

Part number for any others looking in the future A000 982 2108

Got what I need - £85 for a Bosch on eBay (15% off till tomorrow!)

Part number for any others looking in the future A000 982 2108

Note of caution - if you have stop/start you need an AGM battery (appears the part number above is the same for LA & AGM so a vendors list will often be incorrect - Parts In Motion on eBay were great and double checked before processing the £85 order then refunding me - and they are in very short supply. I managed to get the last Varta F21 AGM at The Battery Shop today (£168.98) The Bosch equivalent is 0092S5A110 (they may have a couple in shortly and after that it could be a YEAR before more are available!

Hope that helps

I was looking at an F21 for someone on here a few days ago, just check that was what I bought in December for £150. Can't get them for £150 now! as you have found. And Tayna batteries (where I bought from) are showing over £200 but out of stock.
Battery supplies chains have obviously taken a beating recently...

Does anyone know if there's also a shortage or genuine MB batteries at the dealers? Or is it just the after-market AGM batteries that are currently in short supply?

Does anyone know if there's also a shortage or genuine MB batteries at the dealers? Or is it just the after-market AGM batteries that are currently in short supply?
MB Edinburgh (0131 466 5600) have a few Varta F21 in stock at £209 + VAT + Delivery

Thank goodness my S204 does not need AGM - I replaced the battery last year at Halfords for £150 fitted, could have got cheaper from Tanya but was unsure about fitting it myself.

I have just checked 4 different Websites and all say that my E Class uses an AGM battery although it does not have stop/start fitted.

One quote was £154.99 delivered for a 95Ah 850CCA AGM 019 type battery which seems reasonable or £164.99 from ECP after the usual "Sale" discount for a Bosch S5

Bought mine from Tayna on eBay. It was £117ish which was competitive (Varta, 5 year guarantee, 110ah). They have promotions (not part of ebays seller promotions) regularly and I got it for £106 delivered. Worth looking out for if you are not in a rush, although Tayna seem to have the OP's particular battery temporarily out of stock

I have just checked 4 different Websites and all say that my E Class uses an AGM battery although it does not have stop/start fitted.

One quote was £154.99 delivered for a 95Ah 850CCA AGM 019 type battery which seems reasonable or £164.99 from ECP after the usual "Sale" discount for a Bosch S5
Same here with my late 2011 E350 CDI

Could be due to the way the charging is regulated, or could be to do with the heavy load/risk of battery depletion and AGM tolerates high charge loads and low battery levels much much better than wet lead acid

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom