Discount on Mercedes after purchasing the car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vghiya

Car
GLE 300D
Hi All,

I am in bit on a unique situation. I purchased a brand new GLE last week. Now Mercedes has increased increased discount by GBP 2K. As a result all GLEs are cheaper by GBP 2K. I am still within 14 days cool off period. I asked the dealer to refund GBP 2K, but he is not obliging. Would be great if someone can offer any guidance as to how to handle the issue. I see 2 options: 1) I can technically return the car, but i am not sure of the cost involved. 2) Forget about the price-cut and enjoy the car. Please let me know your thoughts.
cheers

Seriously?

BTW how did you resolve the transmission issue on your previous car?

How did you purchase it ?

Cash, finance ?

Seriously?

BTW how did you resolve the transmission issue on your previous car?
I showed the issue to 3 garages. They couldn't fix it without servicing and/or replacing it. Since it wasn't worth it, I decided to go for the new car. However, the new issue arose the moment i bought it. Life always throws a curve ball :)

To summarise:

"In reality, rather that Legal theory....

don’t be fooled. Once you give a car dealer your money, you’ll have to fight to ever get it back again"

So even if this is truly distance selling and you didn't sign anything in the dealership, you would have to probably take them to Court to enforce your rights (or at least get to the point of serving LBA etc

Forget it and enjoy the car. Its the finance company you should be dealing with as they own the car and bought it from MB on your instructions at the price you agreed at the time so I think you will be wasting time and energy.

So if the roles were reversed and MB said the car had gone up in price by £2k in the interim period would you happily pay them?

You agreed on a price at the time of order, you assessed the affordability (presumably?) and you signed an order and both parties formed a contract, and now because something unconnected with your deal has changed you want a handout?

You need a valid reason to reject the car and I doubt that greed is one of them.

Also, you clearly do not understand that car dealers and manufacturers are different entities. You asked the dealer for the extra discount and they refused, why are you surprised?

The manufacturer applies the discount to the price the dealer is charged for a vehicle the dealer can then sell so not only do you want an extra discount to which you are not entitled you want the dealer to pay for it themselves.

Unfortunately prices change, discounts change, and sometimes you win, and sometimes you lose. Personally I wouldn’t dwell on it - if you’ve bought a brand new GLE then you’re already winning 👍🏻

If it will spoil your time with the car, try to reject it and see what happens. It may not be a permissible reason though - best review the small print before instigating the rejection process.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Still do not understand your maths?

What period and interest rate are we talking about to get £100.

So if the roles were reversed and MB said the car had gone up in price by £2k in the interim period would you happily pay them?

You agreed on a price at the time of order, you assessed the affordability (presumably?) and you signed an order and both parties formed a contract, and now because something unconnected with your deal has changed you want a handout?

You need a valid reason to reject the car and I doubt that greed is one of them.

Also, you clearly do not understand that car dealers and manufacturers are different entities. You asked the dealer for the extra discount and they refused, why are you surprised?

The manufacturer applies the discount to the price the dealer is charged for a vehicle the dealer can then sell so not only do you want an extra discount to which you are not entitled you want the dealer to pay for it themselves.
I agree and dis-agree. I agree that the contract was formed, and I should honor it. However, part of the contract is my right to return the vehicle within 14 days. Am I not within my rights to explore the issue I am raising? Therefore, its not greed, but my right as a part of the contract I think. As for your question about price rising by 2K, the contract here gives only me an option to return.... i.e. it is one way option for me to explore. If it were to be 2 way contract and the dealer could charge me 2K then I am 1000% he would have been knocking on my door as soon as prices went up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom