discounts on 2nd hand S class from main dealer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tylerdurden

Interested in some advice.

I suspect that discounts on the current S class purchased 2nd hand are likely to be good given the high list price only some people would be willing to live with such a beast.

If looking at the 1-2y old sector selling at 48-58 bracket.

Who far would a dealer who wanted to sell the car go?

I ask because the new price discounts on these are massive

Even then would it not be better to lease?

Shifting one on even after a hefty discount will mean pennies for trade in.

Obviously if your keeping the car long term then it's a different story.

It's coming to the end of the quarter and if they haven't met the targets I'm sure they'll do as much as they can to secure a deal, work out where you want to be then start a couple of grand lower and work up till you've got a deal.

For short term ownership, there's a lot of S-class deals with cars in stock to be registered by end of June. Might be worth considering. Discounts from new are huge.

Leasing does not come naturally to me. Attractive to start with yet when time is up you have to find another car.

I might pay cash or a negotiated finance deal if a bigger discount available itself.

Bought a 28k 3 series convertible some years ago and getting even £500 off was a challenge. However, it was summer at the time lol.

Just wondering if 5-10% off list is unrealistic?

Just wondering if 5-10% off list is unrealistic?

With new and used car sales at dealers it's going to vary by vehicle, salesperson and by dealer targets, so there's no set answer.

Easiest answer is to find a car you want, offer what you think is reasonable/you are prepared to pay, and of they don't agree move on. Simple as that.

Sorry it's not much help, but that's how it works.

cheers, Steve

Brand new S350 9g tronic diesel on 'Orange wheels' list £68000, with a £14000 discount from main dealer, around £54000. Just a thought.

The "list price" on cars now is usually to simply prop up the second hand car that you're looking to buy, that is until you want to part exchange it back in...

Sorry when I say list, I mean the sticker price of a second hand car on the forecourt. Not the new price.

On DTD you can get almost 20k of a S350 AMG with reasonable spec. Retail would be 80. You would pay 60. Given that fact it seems somewhat optimistic to ask for 50k for a 1y old car?

The discount on a used car is completely dependant on what they bought it for. They could have zero profit in it or thousands. It doesn't work the same as buying a new car. Nobody on here can advise you on the discount you should expect, it's completely down to the dealers margin in that particular vehicle

My local dealer is offering 27.5% of new stock S350

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom