Discreet bracket/cradle in my W124 for PDA SatNav?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TonyVianoAmbiente

Car
W124 E300 Diesel 1995
I have a new HTC brand Windows PDA/T-Mobile cell phone with built-in GPS running TomTom 6 software. I need a bracket/cradle for my 1995 W124. I would like it to be easily swappable between this and my other car, a 2003 Skoda Octavia Estate.

Can anyone recommend a cradle setup that can be removed from the car within a minute or so? I want it to leave no trace of a SatNav after each removal, so as not to encourage theft from the car.

I expect that a different setup will be needed for the Skoda (same anti-theft requirement) but it would be great if one cradle would work for both cars.

Any and all suggestions very much appreciated.

Hello,

I use an 02 XDA Orbit with TomTom 6. Think its the same phone?

Ive used a Brodit magnetic clip. Round magenet on dash and tiny thin metal piece on back of phone.

Works a treat, doesn't move hardly know its there.

£6 from Brodit, job done :eek:)

Hello,
I use an 02 XDA Orbit with TomTom 6. Think its the same phone?

Ive used a Brodit magnetic clip. Round magenet on dash and tiny thin metal piece on back of phone.
Works a treat, doesn't move hardly know its there.
£6 from Brodit, job done :eek:)

Yes, it is the same phone. Both are made by HTC in Taiwan. They are almost identical in performance but yours has WiFi and mine doesn't. :(

The magnetic clip is probably what I will go for, mainly because Brodit Uk does not offer a bracket for the W124.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom