Disguised C Class seen at Calais last Monday

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave Kerr

Car
BMW 5 series / 1961 Jaguar E-Type
While waiting to board the chunnel train last Monday in Calais I spotted 3 new C Class MB's all heavily disguised, all had German plates.
Don't they know they have been released here ages ago?

Dave
(1 year with my 5 series and loving it but really fancy the CLS next March)

While waiting to board the chunnel train last Monday in Calais I spotted 3 new C Class MB's all heavily disguised, all had German plates.
Don't they know they have been released here ages ago?

Dave
(1 year with my 5 series and loving it but really fancy the CLS next March)
Hi Dave,
Are you 100% sure they were C-class vehicles, could tehy be the new E-class?

Regards
John

John,

They looked to small for the E Class to be honest and one was parked in the next lane to me so I had a chance to have a good gawp at it. I thought they may be an AMG version or something a bit different.
Is there a new E coming out? anyone got any pics of it?

Dave

Im thinking it must have been the new W212(?) E-Class as both the new W204 & CLC are already 'out'?

9080301.001.Mini2L.jpg

9080301.001.Mini4L.jpg

Look like that?

Hmmm. What are MB up to at the moment. It looks better with the black stuff on!!

Im thinking it must have been the new W212(?) E-Class as both the new W204 & CLC are already 'out'?

9080301.001.Mini2L.jpg

9080301.001.Mini4L.jpg

Look like that?

Thats it, thats what I saw. They disguised it so well it looked like a C Class:D
Wish I'd taken a photo. I also saw some sort of people carrier with only one person in it in the customs shed being stripped to bits.
The owner? looked pretty forlorn:)

Dave

Not as pretty as the W211 is it?

John,

They looked to small for the E Class to be honest and one was parked in the next lane to me so I had a chance to have a good gawp at it. I thought they may be an AMG version or something a bit different.
Is there a new E coming out? anyone got any pics of it?

Dave
I'll give you two guesses:devil: :D
Regards
John

Hmmm. What are MB up to at the moment. It looks better with the black stuff on!!
Would help against car park dings and stone-chips too!

Not as pretty as the W211 is it?
I will have to see an undisguised version before putting pen to paper, although all the latest Mercedes appear to have more angular lines??

John

No, it isn't! The W211 is a very attractive, well-proportioned design.

W211 will be a tough act to follow.

Just like most newly launched models the W212 will grow on people.

When the W209 was first launched I did not like it at all and preferred the W208 BUT now I have bought a A209 cabriolet and think that it looks great.

Just like most newly launched models the W212 will grow on people.

When the W209 was first launched I did not like it at all and preferred the W208 BUT now I have bought a A209 cabriolet and think that it looks great.

Really? Now I have always preferred the 209 from day one......

Really? Now I have always preferred the 209 from day one......

Yep - Even though I never have owned a W208 I for some reason did not like the W209 at first as at the time of it's launch I quite liked the look of the W208 "face lift" but after a little while the W209 just grew on me.

Same applied to the W204 - that has grown on me now as well - Sports Edition looks the business though.

Pics of the W207 look fantastic. I have only seen artist impressions of the W212 and if they are anything to go buy then the car will look great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom