Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

E CLASS

Have just seen Sky News website and seen these horrific PR pics of Cheryl Cole pretending to be a soldier. A few pics shown here more on Sky News.

Yes supporting our boys…..but the stage managed c**p posing with weapons, looking all dusty and sweaty after a 'patrol' is just sickening.

Is this merely a ploy to up her media presence after being rightfully binned from X-Factor.

Frankly disgusted.

Attachments

• 16082496.jpg
    16082496.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 314
  • 16082499.jpg
    16082499.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 313
  • 16082507.jpg
    16082507.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 314
I would though, definitely.

Ahh lighten up. She was only in Bastion for a few days and "helped" on a training exercise mostly at the behest of MoD PR wonks.

Better her in dessies than Gordon Brown in suit & tie looking like a total ****.

Still, note that they had the sense not to give her a plated up body armour set to wear. Doubt she would have been able to move

Its more media nonsense-what do you expect!
Even the BBC has dumbed down -regression to the mean .Any way at least i can watch some cricket soon!!!

I appreciate there is a PR angle for Cheryl Cole but I understand that troops usually like the "cheers factor" these visits bring. She could have stayed at home and sent a video message but she agreed to visit a combat area which even with backup etc requires some bottle. I'm going to message some serveing soldiers and ask them what they think...

Hi E Class, On the face of it I agree with what you are saying, however, you have to realise that she is in a sh?thole of a place, to even go there in the first place takes a lot of bottle. Stars new and old have done a great deal to improve the moral of service personel the world over,at no cost. Take the squadie pictured with Ms Cole, in the real world, what chance would he have of being pictured with her. He will have a copy to keep and show his mates and his family for years to come. Visits by people like her help to keep moral as high as possible, and are a welcome break. It is the pictures of politicians in like poses that irk me.
Sorry if it sounds like I am preaching (I was a bit). Here endeth the first lesson.

..I've just spoken to a guardsmen and he said that the guys are living in tents with little in the way of home comforts. He says they appreciate celebs and others visiting them as its great for morale. He said the other thing is that you don't just "visit" a war zone you have to be equipped, trained in proceedures in case your helicopter is downed. Overall it was a "thankyou" to Cheryl for being prepared to undergo training and make the visit. HTH

I just don't like the way she's portrayed as a serving soldier, pretending to go into battle with the Taliban. Looking all exhausted like she's actually done something of any significance in the fight.

She desperately needs the oxygen of publicity just now and with a bit of time on her hands her PR team kill all the birds with this visit as it were.

How come if she thought it was so needy that she go that its taken years to get out there?

PR bunkum - which I just see through and I hope other do too.

She meets a nanospec of the soldiers out there too.

I just don't like the way she's portrayed as a serving soldier, pretending to go into battle with the Taliban. Looking all exhausted like she's actually done something of any significance in the fight.

She desperately needs the oxygen of publicity just now and with a bit of time on her hands her PR team kill all the birds with this visit as it were.

How come if she thought it was so needy that she go that its taken years to get out there?

PR bunkum - which I just see through and I hope other do too.

She meets a nanospec of the soldiers out there too.

Don't see what the fuss is about, i bet the soldiers needed counselling after being subjected to such a PR stunt:doh:

I don't think she's doing any harm. Gullible people who breathe in all the hype will fall for it whether she's in Afghanistan or Andover and if the soldiers enjoyed the visit that's all the better.

As a footnote she comes from Byker in Newcastle so she'll be used to a war zone

..I've just spoken to a guardsmen and he said that the guys are living in tents with little in the way of home comforts. He says they appreciate celebs and others visiting them as its great for morale. He said the other thing is that you don't just "visit" a war zone you have to be equipped, trained in proceedures in case your helicopter is downed. Overall it was a "thankyou" to Cheryl for being prepared to undergo training and make the visit. HTH

Apparently she stayed at Camp Bastion for 3 days. She said "Before I went out I was given war training which was pretty full-on and quite scary. They warn you about coping with all kinds of scary scenarios - things like having a gun put to your head," she said.

"I was warned before I went out there that it could be dangerous. But nothing was going to stop me from going. And I'm just so glad I did."

Which is pretty much what my guardsman friend said would happen.

Might have been worse - it could have been Susan Boyle Khaki'd and squatting :eek:.

Last edited:
Do you mind John I've just had my lunch!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom