dish input cable

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

W210 Fan

MB Enthusiast
Car
W140 S500L W208 430
I need one of these for the sky box, we had sky, I brought sky+ but without this we cant record one channel and watch another, anybody know where to get one as an ebay search for the above string was fruitless

Do you mean that you've had a sky digital system and have just bought a Sky+ box? If so you will need a new LNB (Quad is the norm) and either another run of coaxial satellite cable or a new run of twin coax (ie two individual runs of cable from box to dish).

You'll also need some 'F type' connectors at each end (box and LNB)

If I'm right, best parts list will then be:

New run of twin coax for linking dish to SKY+ box

New quad LNB for the dish

4 new F-type connectors (2 at each end)

Good luck :)

Will

As above is perfect answer, my addition is you can get them here.
Its a local reatailer to me and actually is a warehosue supllying to local trade. Good safe place to buy and they sell Kits with all you need etc.
If youre uncertain what you want, ring them and ask.
http://www.simplydigital.co.uk/

most of the sky lmb's have 4 CAT2 connectors on them 2 go into your sky digibox 1 for record one for watching, I have one in my bedroom so that's 3 cables 1 left for the kids they'll have to share.

To be honest I am not sure if I mean the link, apparently the dish input cable is what I need, is there anywhere I can get them already made?

Mark,

If you're trying to DIY upgrade from regular SKY digital to SKY+ you will need to follow the my instructions as above ;)

Can you confirm exactly what you are trying to do otherwise? :)

Will

Yes I think that is what I am doing, we had sky, we now have sky+, I assume we have one piece of wire from the dish to the box and we have been told we need two, I was wondering if there was an off the shelf cable I could just plug in, whether I need a quad LNB I dont know, the sky man just said a cable and at £80 I told him I would to it myself, from what he said it is justa cable and the dish and box are fine???????

where was your avatar taken will? the new place in Brooklands?

The reason that you need 2 cables is that you have 2 tuners, some of the signals are on vertical transponders,the others are horizontal, that's why you must have at least a twin LNB, there are no kits as every installation is not the same

The website shop I posted sell
A KIT FOR WHAT YOURE ARE DOING.

Does that make it bold!

Ok... if you can see your dish go and have a look at where the cable meets the arm that sticks out. The post above is not correct and you may not have a twin lnb. Sky do not always fit these by default.
What you are looking for is to see if next to where the cable meets/plugs into the arm, there are any vacant plugs. These may be capped with a rubber plug but will be visable - us binocs if you cant see.
If they are there, there will normally be one spare ( 2 altogether - 1 currently being used ) or 3 spare (4 altogther - 1 currently being used.)

If this is true then work out how much cable you need in metres, go to the website above and order the 20m cable installation kit at £9.95 or the 100m metre at £29.95

If your lnb after inspection has no spare sockets you need to purchase one of these. They simply attach to the arm on dish by a plastic grommit - easy to take off but dont move the dish!

Honest its an easy diy job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom