Dishonest Garage? Or they might be right...?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
How much is a 2011 220 CLC on 140k miles actually worth? I'd do the sums before spending any more on the car.
Hi, the CLC is my previous car, its now the C-Class C204 (facelift model). It worths approx. £6.5k in good condition.

Thank you Tuercas for your thoughts! I'll let the new garage know your thoughts (thoughts from an highly experienced technician friend!) and update you in due course:)
Yes all the best & I am interested to see how it all turns out .
Keep the faith .(on MB)
Cheers TV

Hello friends here!

Hope everyone had a great Easter weekend:)

Three weeks later since the car first visited the new garage, I have been updated with the testing result: the high pressure fuel pump didn't pass the test (failed), but NO swarf found inside and the failure caused by an inner faulty valve. By replacing the valve, the pump works perfectly now.

And things that the garage will do in the following days are: 1) Replacing ALL four injector with new one and put the pump back. 2) Draining fuels out of the tank. 3) Flushing the fuel system. 4) Road testings.

Don't know if that's the correct solution...?

Hello friends here!

Hope everyone had a great Easter weekend:)

Three weeks later since the car first visited the new garage, I have been updated with the testing result: the high pressure fuel pump didn't pass the test (failed), but NO swarf found inside and the failure caused by an inner faulty valve. By replacing the valve, the pump works perfectly now.

And things that the garage will do in the following days are: 1) Replacing ALL four injector with new one and put the pump back. 2) Draining fuels out of the tank. 3) Flushing the fuel system. 4) Road testings.

Don't know if that's the correct solution...?
Its correct and its what we would do.
Are you scudding about in the car now.?
If so how does it feel .👍
Good news I hope for you.
It sounds like its going to be a two thumbs up.
Tuercas Viejas
👍👍

Its correct and its what we would do.
Are you scudding about in the car now.?
If so how does it feel .👍
Good news I hope for you.
It sounds like its going to be a two thumbs up.
Tuercas Viejas
👍👍
Hi TV, thanks for your lovely message:)

I'm still waiting them to carry out the actual repairing work! They didn't informed me the testing result until today. Haven't touch my car for approx. two months since it broke down:((

Do you think I should change the engine oil and oil filter after the repair done? I don't know if that's correct, but I'm fearing that there might be some residual swarf/debric/dirty thing within the oil which will damage the injector again if I don't replace the oil and the filter...?

I'm still waiting them to carry out the actual repairing work! They didn't informed me the testing result until today. Haven't touch my car for approx. two months since it broke down:((

Do you think I should change the engine oil and oil filter after the repair done? I don't know if that's correct, but I'm fearing that there might be some residual swarf/debric/dirty thing within the oil which will damage the injector again if I don't replace the oil and the filter...?
Bejeezus two months !
Like running into an old girlfriend you haven't seen for awhile!! (Ow hoo dangerous !!!!):D
An oil change?
Not generally necessary, BUT with potential fuel dilution/ bore wash, when WAS the last time it had an oil change before all this fiasco blew up? :oops:
Sometimes it's worth the oil change (With filter ) just for peace of mind . We would be doing it (Oiling /fluid ) as a courtesy new customer FOC job & topping up the essential fluids
Then you don't then sweat the small stuff .
Get in it and drive. Maybe as a suggestion up to Iron Bridge in Salop (just up the road) for a pub lunch on a Sunday.
Tuercas viejas

Last edited:

An oil and filter change will be inexpensive relative to the cost of the repair, so probably best to do it even if only to stop any nagging doubts. I hope it’s all sorted very soon 👍🏻

To all my friends,
All sorted now!
All injector replaced, the pump repaired and a major service as advised by Tuercas has done! The car now runs like a new one:)
Now pubs opened so probably will visit Salop and find a pub there as suggested by Tuercas to have the car run properly:))
Thanks everyone for their contributions to my issue! ALL THE BEST & STAY SAFE DURING THE UNPRECEDENTED TIME!!!

To all my friends,
All sorted now!
All injector replaced, the pump repaired and a major service as advised by Tuercas has done! The car now runs like a new one:)
Now pubs opened so probably will visit Salop and find a pub there as suggested by Tuercas to have the car run properly:))
Thanks everyone for their contributions to my issue! ALL THE BEST & STAY SAFE DURING THE UNPRECEDENTED TIME!!!
Good news indeed !
By coincidence my brother is going up to Iron Bridge this coming weekend for a pint and to open his Air B&B cottage ! He has bookings again.
Enjoy the new revamped car --You deserve it after that fiasco.
Cheers TV

To all my friends,
All sorted now!
Glad to hear that it’s sorted. Sounds like the place in Birmingham knew what they were doing 👍🏻

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom