disney

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clk1

Car
Brabus D6 E320cdi with AMG body Kit / 1992 CE220 / 2000 CLK 230
hi am taking my grandkids to disney for 3 days age 3 & 4 any help on wear to take them in disney :confused:

Which one? Paris or the US?

...Japan or Hong Kong.

In the case of the US, which one again?
California or Florida?

I would assume in this case it would most likely be Paris though, as 3 days to any of the others wouldn't be the most practical trip!

Paris

That might be good advice, if Paris is anything like the ones in the USA. Definitely for kids who are capable of walking fairly considerable distances, because the area to cover is huge. Yes, you can get help - buggies, trolleys, etc - but tired feet on fractious kids is a recipe for pain.

To be honest they are a bit young. Around six is reckoned to be abouit the starting age.

Conquering Disney | Travel News from Fodor's Travel Guides

Read up before you go. Some of the smaller quieter musical attractions might be better than the "fright " ones

This was going to be my next comment.

We took Sam when he was 5 and that was simply too young. He was too scared to go on some of the rides and as others have said, these places are huge which means lots of walking.

One tip though is about food. Something a lot of people complain about.

You have 4 options (and remember there are 2 separate parks in Paris next door to each other and each one can fill a whole day)

1. Eat in the park itself - This is the most expensive option as you would expect
2. Eat in the village - This is the area between the entrance to the 2 parks. Sure the eat in Mickeys cafe option is big money but you also have a McDonald's there charging normal McDonald's prices
3. Buy from the station - The Station (bus and train) is also right next to the entrance for the 2 parks. In the station is a small newsagents that sells sandwiches etc. When we were there they were doing a baguette and bottle of water for €2.
4. Take a packed lunch

Disneyland is really as expensive as you want to make it

the wife made the booking so we are taking them lol:rock:

Then if she can't be dissuaded :doh: I would advise going equipped as if you were about to cross the Sahara and chose a few suitable quiet rides. That way everyone will get a DISNEY "experience" they will look back on fondly rather than with horror! Good luck. ;)

We went with our kids to Disneyland paris last november. we stayed in the jimmy cracket lodges. hired a car to get from the airport to the lodges and from the lodges to the park.

it was really good, but there were a few things our 4 year old couldnt go on due to size..... our 6 year old (he's quite tall) could get on almost anything bar a couple of rides..... even the big rollercoaster which he loved.

for the age of your kids i reckon you would be limited to the typical kids rides (small rollercoaster, teacups etc), the stage shows etc....

still worth it at that age, but an extra year or two would open up 30% more of the park to you.

2 full days in the park will get you done with almost everything.... (1 day for each of the 2 parks) an extra day is worth it to revisit anything you particularily liked.... which we did... our plane was late in the day (6pm i think) so we had almost a full 3rd day to go on anything again that we liked.

3 days is enough for the adults!!! other advice is to take a packed lunch to save some money as the food is very expensive.

if you want to go "on the cheap" then other advice may be to buy some disney toys with you from the UK (bought cheap) and give them to the kids when u are there.... otherwise £30 for a cheap cr@ppy buzz lightyear helicoptor that broke when we were still there!!.... and take pack lunch as food is like £5 for a hotdog etc. There is a big supermarket very close to the lodges for buying the food. breakfast is supplied at the lodges.

hope it helps

derek

Last edited:
To be honest they are a bit young. Around six is reckoned to be abouit the starting age.

Conquering Disney | Travel News from Fodor's Travel Guides

Read up before you go. Some of the smaller quieter musical attractions might be better than the "fright " ones

Took our lad last year when he was 3 and again this year when he was 4.

Everyone (Lad, Wife and I) had a fabulous time. I think a lot depends on the child. On the first trip our lad wanted to cuddle all of the characters and loved the quieter rides. On the second trip he was tall enough for the Big Thunder Mountain ride (runaway train) and thought it was the best thing in the world!

People will moan about the queues and the price of food in the parks, but it is a magical place for children, the smiles on their faces are priceless.

Inside Disneyland Paris there are several different areas, each of which have different appeal.

The little ones will like seeing the characters along Main Street USA, and all the rides they will want to go on are in Fantasyland.

There are shows for young ones to the right side of Sleeping Beauty's Castle.

There is an area to the far end of Fantasyland that is quieter and this has a couple of gentle rides.

As you are going for 3 days, there is no need to cram everything in so you can take things at a slower pace, which the children will like.

Of course, you get to enjoy Disneyland too - that's a benefit of being a Grandparent!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom