display defective error s-class 320 (2003)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stevenjag

Car
s320
Hi everyone i am new to the forum, just bought a 2003 mint s class 320 petrol lwb, and am sold on how great mercedes really are.
Had an issue display defective comes on screen and visit workshop/lighnting flash sign...
Head lights flash, relays click all electrics go crazy and parking light and srs light intermittantly come on...
We plugged it in snapon code reader (with all mercedes software),cleared the myriad of codes listed due to disconnecting battery
Defective display came back on and large fan at front of car started up quite loud then stopped...
only code showing was air con pressure too high
the air con led had been on due to no gas (not too much in system)
checked gas was low as i knew but no leaks-checked codes again after clearing pressure sensor came up...aac
did manual code check on air con inside car came up with aac multi function sensor code 1269 i think it was?
the mechanic says regas change sensor and reset codes again should fix it as he thinks the circuit for aac etc is tripping the weird electric crazyness inside car??my other mechanic mate said aac doesnt effect anything on electrics??
seems to make sense if on these forums people seem to link coolant sensor to dash malfunction surely any sensor thats broke could do same?...any ideas?
my guy says car is reading high pressure aac so car is thinking its too hot...hence fan coming on...correct or rubbish..i will also change coolant sensor, and washer fluid sensor...do these things run on same circuit...no other malfunctions or running issues air susp works fine, just loose all electrics like door locking and windows when defective display shows.
any help mucho appreciated

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom