Distance Control Unit + Hi Fi Upgrade

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mark Hans

Car
WDB209-350CLK 2006
Greetings. I've been a MB guy for years, now my new toy, a 2006 350CLK.
Fabulous car.

OK, I want to upgrade to Distance control. The limiter for speed (opposite of cruise control) works electronically on the brakes, so I wonder, how to upgrade to the distance control, which works on the front sensors (already in place) and uses electronic braking (as said, used already on the Limiter). My MB workshop here in Amsterdam are scratching their heads....

Any ideas anyone......

:thumb:

mbenznl.com he is the man for this :)

Thank you for your reply. Not really sure where I will find mbenznl.com Is that a www address or something else. Could you be a bit more specific as to who, what and where this might be....... :)

Thank you again.....

Hey helpful guys. I see now..... sorry, missed the plot. Now you know why i NEED distance control............ its my age.

Will write to them for advise and ideas.

Will be back to bother you all again...... :) Mark

Hey Alps. I just got onto MBenznl site. They are rather near where I live and the site is awesome. My wallet was just seen exiting the door at a very fast rate.
I think I have found the right place to do a few 'tweaks' to an already awesome car.

Any ideas where I could get a technical explanation of how the 3.5 engine and 7 speed auto box look like (apart) and how the whole system works?

Being a techi, I'd love to know more about what I've bought!...... This new auto box is absolutely the business.... just love the way it shifts the last 4 gears, 456&7. It's just SO right.........Makes my Porsche feel like a tractor.

:)

Hi Mark

You might find Steve aka Mbenznl will also have the technical knowledge to help answer all your questions. He is a very nice guy and REALLY knows his stuff.

worth paying him a visit, but also check he is in the coutry as he visits the USA for retrofits very often.

My post with the underlined bit(click on it) was a direct link to the website! :)

Thanks everyone. I am in contact with the man himself!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom