Distance control

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nevilledoreen

GEELONG WHICH IS 45 MILES FROM MELBOURNE AUSTRALIA
Car
1993 300SL R129
I have a c200 Kompressor sports edition it is a 2005 model my problem is as follows:
The distance control indicator for the front is not lighting up fully the first few bars do not light up fully .
Is it the sensor not working properly or the indicator on the dashboard ?

Any help would be appreciated ?

Thankyou
Neville

Front indicator? Do you mean one of the left or right side indicators?

I would consider it very unlikely that a sensor misbehaves as you've seen from the indicator. Better to diagnose the car though, you could run a display test first.

I did not make myself clear the car has distance control fitted front and rear for parking the car .
The distance sensors are fitted to the front and rear bumper bar and the distance indicators or gauges which are connected to the sensors .
The indicator for the rear sensor is mounted just behind the rear seat and is lighting up OK.
The indicator or gauge for the front sensor is mounted on top of the dashboard both front and rear distant indicator reads the distance to an object by a series of lit bars (ie the more bars the greater the distance to the object) the front one is not lighting up correctly the first few bars are dull.
Could it be the sensors in the front bumper that are faulty or the distance indicator on the dashboard.
Can anyone give me a clue as to which part could be faulty
Thanks
Neville

One or more parking sensors may have failed. Get the car on STAR to pinpoint the culprit(s). If not the sensors STAR will also test the display and controller.

If the outer bars light up OK I think that's an indication the sensors are operating OK. Sounds like your display is failing. The Instrument panel is prone to fading prompted by strong sunlight or heat. Mercedes C Class W203 - Dim Multi-Function Instrument Display (MFD) - LCD Panel Replacement | Mercedes Gen-In
The parking display on the dash might be prone to the same thing. As has been said getting it on Star may tell you.

this thread is worth a read also

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/electronics/24646-parktronic-parking-sensors-not-working.html

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom