Distronic, Distronic plus

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ytee65

Car
c220 cdi AMG line 2014, C200 kompressor 2003
Hi everyone,

What is the easiest way of finding out if my car(c220 2014) has Distronic or Distronic plus? Many thanks in advance!

Hi
Drive at 100mph towards the car in front of you, if your car automatically brakes you have distronic if not you do not.

Distronic+ will bring the car to a stop. Distronic will slow to a point but then beep at you to apply the brakes.

Might be revealed on your datacard, different SA code?

Press the buttons on your steering wheel; if you've got distronic a little diagram of your proximity to another car comes up.

Like so:
distronicdisplay.jpg

Is there any difference between Distronic vs Distronic plus?

I've a new C-class arriving in a few weeks time. Did explicitly tell the sales guy that adaptive cruise control was an absolute must have option. Due to economic constraints, we ended up with ticking the box for the Distronic option rather than the Distronic Plus package. Was given the impression by the seller that the adaptive cruise control functionality was exactly the same in those two.

As already mentioned, Distronic Plus will bring the car to a complete stop under normal conditions while the old Distronic only works down to about 15-20mph before handing braking back the driver.

As far as I'm aware, all of the current models with Distronic are the Plus version - there's no other option.

Thats in line with what I've found out after some more reading as well.

Apparently, the older Distronic+ did use 3 radar sensors while Distronic only used one. The max breaking force did also vary in the specs.

Both versions do now seems to be speced to be capable of de-acceleration of 5 m/s2. No clue on possible difference in HW specifications though.

Is there any difference between Distronic vs Distronic plus?

I've a new C-class arriving in a few weeks time. Did explicitly tell the sales guy that adaptive cruise control was an absolute must have option. Due to economic constraints, we ended up with ticking the box for the Distronic option rather than the Distronic Plus package. Was given the impression by the seller that the adaptive cruise control functionality was exactly the same in those two.

Distronic is adaptive cruise control. Not sure how you can select distronic without the 'driving assistance package'? You can't on the configurator online.

Distronic is adaptive cruise control. Not sure how you can select distronic without the 'driving assistance package'? You can't on the configurator online.

As you say, Distronic Plus is only available on new cars as part of the driving assistance package. Having it for a year I would never have a car without it !! The package consists :-

DISTRONIC PLUS
Active Blind Spot Assist
Active Lane-Keeping Assist
PRE-SAFE® PLUS
Steering Assist
BAS PLUS
Cross-Traffic Assist
PRE-SAFE® PLUS
PRE-SAFE® with buckle-mounted belt tensioner
Collision mitigation (PRE-SAFE® Brake)

Sorry, wasnt aware oft that. Based in Sweden, and we've access to a 'distronic' stand alone option for approx £1k. Drivning assistance package is labeled distronic plus package and costs nearly £3k.

To be honest, I assumed that "Distronic Plus" was the replacement for "Distronic".

I'm really impressed with Distronic on the CLK. - I've never used something like that before (just vanilla cruise control), and I was astounded when I noticed it applying the brakes for me. Now I just hook on the back of a car in traffic and let Distronic manage my speed; all I do is steer.

Checked my quote (2017 c350e estate) and the distronic option for £1k has number 239. Assume it got all features one expects from an adaptive cruise control but without all extra assistance from the plus package.

If I don't steer there's this terrible nagging noise that comes from the passenger's seat. :crazy:

I have a sat nag as well.

Thanks for all the replies, I now know that I do not have Distronic or Distronic plus. Having said that I am still confused about the red triangle which only lights up at starting and never again. Do I need to change a setting somewhere?

Does this red triangle have car inside? Is it top centre of the lhs dial (fuel, temp gauge)?

Do you have the driving assistance package?

Last edited:
Yes, yes and no.

That's the Pre-Safe Brake distance warning lamp, which you should only have with Distronic.

I can only think the lamp is always fitted and come on as part of the IGN on self test?

Do you have the datacard for the car?

On my 2015 W205 the words Distronic Plus are displayed when I engage cruise. From memory it was about a £1200 extra. Being an old B with a stiff neck the bit that I really wanted was the blind spot assist which came with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom