Distronic retrofit?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clk320x

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Tesla Model S, Model X & Mercedes W212 /// Previous: Jaguar XFR, Mercedes E320 CDI, C32 AMG, CLK 320
Anyone done this?

Andy has done this on his CLS55, pm andy27168 or search out his threads

I wouldn't have thought it was a particularly easy retrofit, but I suppose if you've got all the required parts it just comes down to coding with Star?

I believe comandonline.co.uk have done this, PM Richard or Alfie.

Hi,
As Whitenemesis said I have done it on my CLS55.
Not a hard retro fit, but the parts can be expensive if buying new, or if trying to get them second hand you could have a problem as most breakers haven't a clue what it is let alone get the part off undamaged etc.

Hi
Has anyone done this to a January 2018 last of old shape GLE 350d?
Being the designo I’ve everything but the assistance package.

Would love blind spot and distronic.?

Hi
Has anyone done this to a January 2018 last of old shape GLE 350d?
Being the designo I’ve everything but the assistance package.

Would love blind spot and distronic.?

Blind Spot required two radar sensors in the rear quarter panels, one on each side, and two new wing mirrors.

Distronic requires radar sensor in the grille.

(Plus wiring and coding)

The tough one is Lane Keep, apart from cameras it requires a new (vibrating) steering column.

later cars were more complex, I looked into retrofitting on the w213 and some of the parts needed were

- new windscreen
- new windscreen camera
- control unit
- wiring
- sensors front , side, rear

that was just some of it.....

Not wishing to sound like a grumpy old git.... but sounding like one....

Why would you? The benefits are insignificant, and you'll never see the cost back again. It's money and effort down the drain.

Why would you? The benefits are insignificant, and you'll never see the cost back again. It's money and effort down the drain.

I've grown to love mine - initially on French trips but now in UK. I drove 150 miles from London to Powis, Wales the other day and had it on for 95% of the time. Massively relaxing and I got 31mpg which is pretty amazing for a fully loaded up 5.5.

Whether I'd actually retro fit it is of course a different question. But I certainly will try to get it on my next long distance family cruiser

wildest-dream-because_480x360.jpg

Those famous three words of Mountaineering. But it killed him.

Because he had neither the skills nor resources. It took another 30 years to get that job done.

A waste of Mallory's 37 year old life, that could have been better spent inspiring Public Schoolboys
by telling them tales of daring, giving them a jolly good thrashing, and sending them off to die in World War II.

Last edited:
I understand the guy who spent £1700, including the VAT, on getting Distronic installed in the factory, on my car when he was paying £70k for the whole thing.

I just don't understand why one would spend the money installing it in a used vehicle, where it might, or might not, be entirely reliable, depending on the fitter, and where it will make no difference at all to the resale value.

It’s not for the re-sale value.

I retro-fitted because not many W211’s came with this option ticked. So now I have this amazing toy I can use on the motorways. Luckily, I done my research and found that it was a easy retro-fit in the W211, making my car hunting easier.

For my future cars, I will definitely look for it as a pre-installed option as newer cars cannot be so easily retro-fitted.

Retrofitting modifications is fun.

For this reason, I would love to retrofit Distronic to my CLK. I've never had it but I never use cruise as the moment you set it, something happens that makes you turn it off. The speed limiter is my favourite for average speed roadworks etc. I find that more useful but Distronic is one of the very few things my car lacks. Keyless Go I'd like as well but I bet that is hard to find used parts for

Distronic is excellent for average speed cameras

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom