Ditched mercedes and bought Porche... Delighted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I prefer your Bentley ;)

John

You would not like to own one John.

The list of problems is quite long and the price of servicing makes your eyes water. The depreciation is huge and the build quality is a bit dickey too !

However, the enjoyment of 0-60 in about 5 seconds and the handling in sports mode makes up for it and you get the best parking spaces if you go to any Hotel :) Trouble is, you still get the doors 'Dinged' if you go to Tesco.

Tony M said:
You would not like to own one John.

The list of problems is quite long and the price of servicing makes your eyes water. The depreciation is huge and the build quality is a bit dickey too !

However, the enjoyment of 0-60 in about 5 seconds and the handling in sports mode makes up for it and you get the best parking spaces if you go to any Hotel :) Trouble is, you still get the doors 'Dinged' if you go to Tesco.

My uncle has one of those Bentley's. 2 years old, and has suspension probs which weren't covered under warranty. To rectify it, service the car and change 4 tyres gave him little change form £10k!! :crazy:

Even funnier bit is that it broke down on the way to my cousin's wedding 1 week later :crazy:

KLP 92 said:
Even funnier bit is that it broke down on the way to my cousin's wedding 1 week later :crazy:

I'm sure he laughed along with you KLP, or maybe not... :D

Tony M said:
Trouble is, you still get the doors 'Dinged' if you go to Tesco.

That's because you can't park Tony. Get the car diagonally across three spaces, that should keep anyone away from your doors. :D :D

p.s. A nice collection of cars but the bentley is a real cut above the rest.....

So now you've all gone over to Porsche is Oliver's SL being replaced by one as well?as I see that is still parked in your garage ;)

Pete

As any S class owner will attest - parking in tescos etc is a nightmare - I give up and take up two spaces a long way from the door..

Servicing and tyres - i use a reputable 'used' tyre shop in Reading - as opposed to the 180+ quid a tyre I pay 30 quid... servicing - as you know - from indys is less - but I suppose there isnt much idy requirement in the Bently world is there? :eek:

I do love the new continental - but still a touch out of my price range (cheapest I have seen was 80K :eek: ) -

Whats the 80's looking coupe that I saw in high wycombe? long, slightly boxy, 'sharp edges' - and im guessingf at 80s...

whats your job? Need any film types lol :rolleyes: (sorry)

Bear said:
So now you've all gone over to Porsche is Oliver's SL being replaced by one as well?as I see that is still parked in your garage ;)

Pete

Hi Pete, it's already been changed for a Cayenne which he got on Christmas morning. Oliver's SL is parked ontop of the cupboard because it is awaiting a trip to the garage to have it's leaking boot attended to then, it will be sold on e bay. :)

Oliver has also ditched his Die cast model Mercs too. :)

When we get back from holiday, Chris is collecting a Boxster S to replace his Beemer, but in fairness to BMW,he had no problems in the 2.5 years we owned the 325 convertible and the boot never leaked either.

Tony M said:
Trouble is, you still get the doors 'Dinged' if you go to Tesco.

Surely one only shops for one's provisions at Fortnum & Masons when one drives a Bentley.

guydewdney said:
i use a reputable 'used' tyre shop in Reading

Just Tyres still going strong then? :)

PJ

jeremytaylor said:
Surely one only shops for one's provisions at Fortnum & Masons when one drives a Bentley.

Don't go there either. They have no Parking facilities at all and you are likely to get more than a 'Dinged door' if you Park outside !

One should go to Harrods Food Halls for Provisions as they have an adjacent Private Car Park with Valet parking. The Parking is Free for the first two hours for Harrods Gold Card holders.

Once one has selected One's Provisions, One has them sent to 'Door 3'. One then returns to One's car and then then One drives to Door 3 where they keep a large Parking space free. One then has a liveried Doorman load One's Provisions into one's boot.

Of course, if One does not care to drive, Harrods offers an excellent home delivery service (As does Fortnums) :)

Tony M said:
Of course, if One does not care to drive, Harrods offers an excellent home delivery service (As does Fortnums) :)
One has used the similar service offered by Tesco's; how do you find the Harrod's 'value' line compares to Tesco's?

996jimbo said:
One has used the similar service offered by Tesco's; how do you find the Harrod's 'value' line compares to Tesco's?

One or Juan cannot beat Sainsburys Online... No dinging dang doors, plus excellent sevice.

Regards,
John

glojo said:
One or Juan cannot beat Sainsburys Online... No dinging dang doors, plus excellent sevice.

Regards,
John

I tried them once but they squashed my Bakewell Tarts !

Tony M said:

LOL :D

Tony M said:

;) The delivery man squashed your bakewell tarts???? ;) ;) Is this a code for some part of your anatomy :) :)

If ANY product is slightly damaged we merely contact Sainsburys and they credit us with a full refund. Trusting or what? :)

Plates of meat = Feet
Apple and pears = Stairs

Bakewell Tart = **** :eek: :eek: Or passing wind :eek:

John

glojo said:
;) The delivery man squashed your bakewell tarts???? ;) ;) Is this a code for some part of your anatomy :) :)

If ANY product is slightly damaged we merely contact Sainsburys and they credit us with a full refund. Trusting or what? :)

Plates of meat = Feet
Apple and pears = Stairs

John

ROFLMAO :D

Tony M said:
Well, I may as well be a proper 'Defector' if I show the complete garage !

I've had the other non Mercedes for nearly 5 years now.

p2.jpg

Wow - just read this now!!!

THe 911 looks like a baby in comparison to the other beasts!

Top marques! :rock:

glojo said:

Plates of meat = Feet
Apple and pears = Stairs

John

:D

The online shopping thing is very convenient - until they 'substitute' half of your shopping list that they didn't have in stock with what they 'thought' you might like instead ! Handy for emergencies, and if you can't / won't / don't do supermarkets ! And definitely beats door dings

(Back on topic - sort of - reminds me I must get a quote from dentmasters / chipsaway !)

S.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom