DIY painless dent removal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

320Alan

Car
2004 e320 CDI Estate
Has anyone ever had any success in doing a DIY painless dent removal?

My wife had to go in early to hospital to give birth to mini me due to a few issues. Thankfully everything is fine and we are now home with a baby boy. I spent the 4 days in the hospital with her and I now have several new door dings and a lovely dent on the rear door and wing with some blue paint to complement the original silver finish of the car.

Now she was never going to be a show queen and I hadn't washed her since last weekend so she was boggin. So I guess this made my old 04 plate fair game? As can be expected money is now tighter than a ducks ****, so no chance of getting any work done by a pro.

So has anyone tried any of the paintless dent removal tools on ebay? Some look quite professional others look like kids toys but at £20-30 and 3 cars to practice on it might be worth a try if they work.

Congrats on your son, but I’m sure your good lady suffered more pain than the painless dents.....

Not done any paintless repair, but even so, DIY would be my choice, having repaired a couple of kerbed alloys well enough to not be noticed on end of lease inspections.

We had a brilliant paintless repair done at Excel in Aylesbury recently, (at the culprit's expense!) and I chatted to the chap who did the repair. A bit of heat on the outside, and lots of patient coaxing from the back were his tips. They won’t touch plastic, though, they say it just doesn’t work. So bumpers are fill and spray, apparently.

Best of luck with the repairs.

Congratulations on your new born!

I have been meaning to try a dent puller for a while now and have a week off coming up on the 14th so was planning to give one a go then as i have two very annoying dents from car doors in car parks.

I have watched loads of you tube videos and they look like they'd with some practice and perseverance.

This isn't the one i was going to get it's just the first one i saw when searching https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06Y6RHXPM/?tag=amazon0e9db-21

If you haven't tried one by then i'll report back how i get on :)

Paintless dent removal requires knowledge and experience (through lots of practice) to achieve good results. You only have to see the mess that the less competent commercial operators manage to make to realise that.

Personally, I'd bite the bullet and employ a competent pro to do it.

Congrat's on your new son, BTW :thumb:

Some time ago I saw a video where dry ice was applied in a circular motion around a shallow dent and out it popped. I don't doubt it can work but the pros would use it if it was widely successful.

With a new baby in your life, you'll have no time to worry about trivial matters like little dents.....probably for the next 15 years!
Leave the car till it reaches the point of zero-value, then you can park with impunity and spread the dents around.
If Karma does exist, some of those dents will be on the cars that hit you in the first place.

Well as you are fast finding out your priorities change once you have children,look the car is not worth a fortune,so it has a few dents,just spend money on the car to keep it running and make sure it is safe to run brakes and the like.

Hey Alan, I’ve been on midweek break so never saw your post till today , he’s not in Dalry but Grangemouth/Falkirk area, I had a couple of supermarket dings removed a few months ago by a paintless dent removal guy called Mathew Morrissey. He does work for Mercedes Grangemouth. In fact their service guy gave me his number. He did a fantastic job & you wouldn't know there had been a dent there in the 1st place. He's very friendly & reasonably priced too.
Call 07811022731 if interested.

Congratulations on mini me - lets the sleepless nights begin!
About the dents, having used professional dent fixers in the past, they usually charge per panel, and having watch the guys at work on a previous car of mine, it definitely takes considerable skill and patience

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom