DIY repair of Black MB Tex seats and door panels with MAJOR rips & holes (2007 W

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

eladi

Car
W203 2007 C200
I'm looking for a DIY guide on how to fix holes and rips in black MB Tex seats on a 2007 W203 that's been neglected for way too long . I've been searching a lot and found DIY guides that deal with only minor rips & holes, not big issues like these seats show, as you see in the included pictures . I don't expect the interior to look as new, but I do want it to not look like they hosted a wrestling match - and most importantly that any of the rips & holes won't grow.

I do insist on DIY as the prices in my country for repair and / or replacement are ridicules (try 500$ for driver's backrest, and repair costs which correlate, along with high custom fees for import).
I have good-enough hands AND my wife was a taylor (though lacking knowledge in vinyl or upholstery) so I believe we can do this ourselves.

I'm looking for a DIY guide on how to fix these. There are many DIY guides but I wasn't able to find those for upholstery damage in this magnitude, AND I would like to hear your experienced/knowledgable recommendations on the better guides.

ICYW the reasons these seats & door panel got to how they are:
1) It was a cab, so many ins & outs by uninvested persons
2) we get 105 degrees in the summertime, constantly, which dries and weakens the car's interior.
3) the car was neglected by it's (many) previous owners. But no more!

Dropbox link to pictures is included, thank you very much for your time & attention!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/q9ityw7nevt4okk/AACos5KdV7PeW8edCRZplUzsa?dl=0

Attachments

• P1020195.jpg
    P1020195.jpg
    247.4 KB · Views: 36
The only DIY repair is to get a piece of leather/cloth and stitch it in.

What country are you in?

The only DIY repair is to get a piece of leather/cloth and stitch it in.

That too is a welcomed idea. Can you link me to the proper material and/or guide, so I'll find it on eBay or the like and have directions? I would very much like to follow the footsteps of someone who did this.

BTW, why do you say it's the "only DIY repair"? what about the various fillers and adhesives ?

Last edited:
Do you think a kit like that could be used to fix the larger rips as well?

Is that extremely relevant to you? If so you can PM me and I'll introduce myself :banana: I prefer keeping this thread pertinent.

see included pic - How would you reckon this fix was done? stitching only? I can live with a result like that..

Attachments

• P1020198.jpg
    P1020198.jpg
    226.9 KB · Views: 18
eladi
Welcome to the forum :BANANA:

Manners cost nothing especially when you are asking for info.....

I'm sorry if It was rude in any way, I honestly didn't mean that, and thank you for your welcome.

I'm an engineering student from Haifa, Israel. I recently bought a 2007 W203 C200 as a first car and I'm quite stoked about it! If anyone would ever want to know anything else about me he really is welcomed to contact me by PM, it's just a bit more comfortable for me.

I wasn't trying to be rude, I think maybe it's more of a conventions thing. From my experience, Israel usually pops up in a manner that detracts from the actual conversation of my personal interests. A Corollary to that is I try to keep my public posts as "tabula-rasa" as I can.

I'm sorry if I was or am perceived as rude in these arguments. That's saddening to me and not my intent nor does it reflect my personality (I hope).

I'm still quite "stuck" with my repair options here DIY wise, though. Two helpful advices we're given but I want to stitch a patch on as good as I can so I'm still looking for specific directions.

How about using the kit, then stitching with a strong thread through the perforation holes it so it would hold? I'm starting to think that's what has been done in the last pic i posted..

Thanks, have a great day..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom