DIY Servicing, 2012 E350 CDI

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

such01

SUPPORTER
Car
E350 CDI W212
I am about to pull the trigger in the next 2 wks on a 2012 eclass 350 cdi.

On my current car, I do an in between service at 10k, with oil / filter / pollen / and air filter once a year. Once a year it goes to an indie to do oil / filter via sump, fuel filter and all the other checks that is scheduled for that service.

I am looking at doing the same with the merc - oil / filter every 6 months / air & pollen filter when required, leaving the other stuff to an indy.

Is this straightforward to do - i think i read something about having to do something with STAR on the air filters?

I saw the main dealer prices of nearly £200 for a air filter change and silly money for a pollen filter!

I will also try and supply parts for the indy service too

Thanks

Yes you do need star to reset the ecu when you change the air filters. Buy Genuine ones from ebay (lots of MB dealers are selling on there ) if you want a MB receipt then buy from MB of Newcastle expect to pay around £60ish if not worried about a receipt then dcparts2006 is another MB dealer but only supply a ebay receipt and will save you about £4. I always ran my filters to there correct service intervals but they do pull in a lot of air so I have now started changing mine every 12/18months, and I have a MB service plan!! oil n filters buy genuine filter around £11 and oil I think I paid £40 for 10liters but all there prices have gone up so expect to pay a bit more, but if you buy larger amounts of oil you do save.

Paul

Thanks for that, is there no other way of resetting ECU without STAR, but using something like icarsoft MB2?

What would happen if it was changed and then not reset until a few days after?
I may change before a service and ask the garage to reset ECU. May only be out by a few 100 miles or so.

I take it an oil change using a Pela pump is relatively straight forward and access to the oil filter is ok?

Cheers

Well I have a iCarsoft i980 and I do not think they reset the air filters,but that said the iCarsoft do if you connect the scanner to the computer update it and so may have downloaded that ,I no longer do my own servicing,my indy is very reasonable,I would suggest if you must service between actual services that you change oil and filter,and leave the air filters to the indy.

Well I have a iCarsoft i980 and I do not think they reset the air filters,but that said the iCarsoft do if you connect the scanner to the computer update it and so may have downloaded that ,I no longer do my own servicing,my indy is very reasonable,I would suggest if you must service between actual services that you change oil and filter,and leave the air filters to the indy.

Thanks, I might just do that re leaving to Indie.

I have an MB2 and it is not listed on the unit

however if you buy the filters im sure there maybe a member that close to you that would reset the ecu for a 'drink' me included filters take 5 mins to change it takes longer to reset the ecu

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom