Dlink Wireless network sent out on its ear!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
although it says rev c i got there through the rev b bit, so they must have the same instructions.

Hi,
Messa Thanks for finding that I think that this was what I had to do the last time :) I will get the dlink up and running and try it out :)
Linksys support suggested the following settings

beacon interval 40
RTS 2304
fragmentation threshhold 2304

set these values to be the same on the cards and away we go :)

They have also told me to replace the box as it should never behave like it has, no matter what version of software I am running :)

Thankyou all for your help :)

Best regards

Peter

Blimey!! :crazy: My kit was just plug and go...it all worked from the off. It was only a couple of nights ago that I ventured into the advanced settings and made a few tweaks that better suit my needs. I guess I must have been lucky, I thought all wireless kit was like this :confused: except Belkin, I had heard that they can be a pain to set up/get working. I don't think that Buffalo do any wireless routers with built in ADSL modem which is a shame, I could be wrong.

Good luck in getting your network sorted Peter, let us know how it turns out.

S.

Cheers Messa

That stuff you posted was enough to get my Dlink back from the dead :)
Linksys is boxed up for return :( But I might try another one, now I know I have a backup if it all gets too silly :rock: Steve the thing with wireless technology is that it is very easily affected by your environment, due to the amount of things that broadcast in the same frequency band :( Things as silly as electronic door opening devices can effect a network :( My new microwave used to knock my whole network out before I changed my channel. It was just annoying that my Dlink played up during a level of high stress and work load for me.

As an aside I have found that if you set the HTTP virtual sever to the IP of the router it will serve the firewall frontend to the internet side of the wan :eek: DOH !!!

cheers :)

peterchurch said:
...Steve the thing with wireless technology is that it is very easily affected by your environment, due to the amount of things that broadcast in the same frequency band :( Things as silly as electronic door opening devices can effect a network :( My new microwave used to knock my whole network out before I changed my channel...
Ahh that could be it then, my laptop isn't that far away from my router and I have no thick walls in the way either so I always get a signal more than 90% (usually 100%) at 54Mbps but the real bonus is that my Bluetooth network and other couple of 2.4Mhz devices don't interfere with the new wi-fi.

Heh haven't tried the Microwave yet :p

S.

Peter sorry i didnt reply to you, i have just been browsing old posts and saw this one again. Its one I missed.
:crazy:

did you sort the problem, if not, where are you up to with it?

Messa

Hi,
The dlink came back to life after the 20th attempt at it... It just sparked into life :crazy: It has worked fine since then... I did have another attempt at installing a new wag54g only to find it no longer handled wds :( my latest issue is that I now have a linksys pci card that keeps crawling to sleep odd as all my other Linksys cards have been fine... all in all I am starting to think that wireless is a waste of time :( and not enough thought has gone into access points, routers and installs invovling bigger clouds / mixing kit etc

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom