Dms automotive - anyone used them?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jabrielraja

Car
C class
Anyone here used dms automotive in their w166 350? Would be interested to hear you thoughts.

Read through the forum (although not exhaustively) and cannot find any mention of these guys. They're well known on the forums of some other marques though.

Obviously read a lot about MSL performance and they have a great reputation but am particularly interested to hear about dms automotive.

Well regarded by some locals I know here, but not someone I can personally comment on.

I’ve used them before but didn’t have the best experience. They do however have a decent reputation. For Mercedes I would definitely recommend MSL, there is a reason they have a great reputation on here and importantly know every aspect of your Mercedes car, not just the remap side.

I haven't used them personally, but have bought a car that they had mapped. It was a E60 535 and it was brutally quick. I had my ML 350 W166 mapped by John @ BFT/MSL. As it was already pushing out slightly more BHP than the factory quoted 265, I didn't see the gains I thought I would.
I can't tell the difference to be honest, nor on the economy side of things. Perhaps my expectations were unrealistic, but I wouldn't have got it done had I known the outcome.

This was nothing to so with the company that carried the work out, as John was an absolute pleasure to deal with throughout, more the vehicle.

Last edited:
Given the reputation of MSL / BFT on here with Mercedes cars, then I just wouldn’t use anyone else. DMS tend to focus on the higher end cars and this was certainly my experience with them (albeit 10 years ago) and a very costly one, due to their inability to deliver what they said they could do on my car at the time. Still makes my blood boil now, poor customer service and was made to feel second class to their higher end customers......

Couldn't agree with you more, regards MSL/BFT, I certainly wouldn't be using anyone else for the tuning side of things!:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom