DMS remap in a 63

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JohnDeere8530

I have a standard Jan 13 C63. Been speaking to DMS who say they will remap it from 450 to 530hp with extra torque and more sensitive accelerator. They say it will knock 0.5 sec off 0-60 time and give a top end of 200mph, both these claims I am dubious about

I ask, has anyone done this and does it make the car feel any faster? In reality it seems quick enough but the g/friend is wanting more power !

Oh by the way they want £1k+vat to remap, steeply priced ?

Haha, they talking Bullsh!t
you probably see another 35hp-40hp max, will probably take you to 485hp

Speak to Ray @ West-Tuning

Insist on a dyno session to prove before you pay ;)

Take a look at Eurocharged there are a number of there dealers on here,
PCS are near Portsmouth
PCD are Home Counties
MSL are Birmingham

Most of the big powered AMG's on this forum have Eurocharged maps.

Trust me, you don't want to be behind the wheel of a c63 above 180 - pretty unstable to say the least!

They may be able to get it over 500. Rash has a DMS map on his CLK63.

S

Doesn't really sound a believable increase for an NA engine, although I would have thought a C63 can get pretty close to 200 with the limiter removed.

Evolve advertise they can do 514-525hp for this engine and have a good reputation with BMWs. Looked into it when I had my C63 but didn't go ahead as I never felt I needed more power at any point.

Probably worth having a read of some of the threads in the AMG section.

The 63 can be remapped to around 515-520bhp, some may make a bit less others a touch more. One particular 63 on here made 536bhp but this was with a carbon intake fitted, however still a great increase. All of these cars were remapped by Eurocharged and most had dyno runs for the gains.

The C63 runs lower power than some other 63s so has the potential for higher gains, some of this gain is not as a direct result of the remap though, but automatically releases 30-35bhp, the rest is a result of the remap.

The DMS option is expensive, the Evolve boys will do a great map (I am a very happy BMW customer of theirs and pointed many customers in their direction, all with great results), but the Eurocharged remaps are very proven on here, the results and info can be found and the owners who've had the remaps can be contacted for info and advice.

Jules.

Acid at msl birmingham is hoping to have jerry back for another eurocharged tuning day in jan/feb he hopes.

spoke to Phil Deacon of Rebellion in chichester who uses Eurocharged remaps on c63, says :-

He can remap my 63 for £599 and get a futher 50 - 70hp out of the standard engine (457hp).

I assume Eurocharged remaps are pretty good, would I feel an extra 50hp ? What other benefits if any come with such a remap ? I guess the price is about right ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom