Do BMW make a M3 Diesel??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mxs

Car
ML320 CDI Sport
Just to settle an argument at work, is there such a car?:confused:

I had the same 'moment' with a friend of mine; he was convinced there is/was a M3 diesel.

It took a trip to the dealer (he didn't believe the website!) to see a 335d in M-kit. He didn't even believe that essentially the M3 is/was a totally different car to the standard 3-series :D

Bizzarely, I just took a walk to the Post Office and there was a 335d Coupe parked there. No M badges though..Phew.

Bizzarely, I just took a walk to the Post Office and there was a 335d Coupe parked there. No M badges though..Phew.

'Twilight Zone Music'

But you can spec even the base model with the M-Sport pack, which is most of the clothing and no wolf. However, I would add that the 335d with twin-turbos is a seriously rapid motor car and would probably see off most earlier generation M3s.

:D Lots of rumours regarding future AMG's but don't forget they did produce the C30 CDI AMG

C'mon BMW :devil: :)

Regards
John

I used to have the same engine in the 535d - absolutely stunning performance and I can only imagine what it would be like in the lighter 3 series body. Good mpg too - I spent two years with it and failed to force it below 30mpg, which for a pretty high performance estate was quite impressive. Didn't have quite the debonair style of the E-class though:) ...

They don't. Though many a rep / junior financial analyst will say "it's like an M3 diesel" about their 320d/330d/335d with the M sport pack.

Alpina D3 is a wonderful machine, but it's not an M by a long chalk. Having had a go with one though I'd rather have an Alpina than an M - them wheels, and the speed without the harsh ride, really appeal to me.

But you can spec even the base model with the M-Sport pack, which is most of the clothing and no wolf. However, I would add that the 335d with twin-turbos is a seriously rapid motor car and would probably see off most earlier generation M3s.

Sorry but the M-Sport pack does not replicate the M3 spec in any way.

Yes the 335d is a very quick car with twin turbos. Remapped from the Boys at DMS and that in the real world would see a M3 into serious three figures.

Peppernick Had one I'm sure, he will vouch that its quick.

As already said you can spec ///M bits on your 318i if you want just as you can soec AMG bits on your C180.

If that 'makes' it an M or AMG its up to the owners.

Those that know will know, those that don't don't need to.

Good job we have the choice and we are all different.

I've seen a M5 535d on the Motorway this afternoon. So is that an M or not..??:crazy: :confused:

Yes the 335d is a very quick car with twin turbos. Remapped from the Boys at DMS and that in the real world would see a M3 into serious three figures.

Peppernick Had one I'm sure, he will vouch that its quick.

Having my 335D remapped by DMS made a HUGE difference and even increased the mpg as a bonus. The acceleration is very addictive.

this is a good comparison for turbo v diesel. Both 3 litres biturbo.
The petrol of course blows the diesel into the wind.

No need to compare E class normally aspirated with turbocharged diesels is there?
I know dieselman will differ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom