Do dealers sell customer lists ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

coupe deville

Car
93 E320 coupe sportline facelift
I got a pair of front springs for the coupe from a Dealer couple of weeks ago, first time I have ever been in a Mercedes Dealership, and now I am getting mail from Investment brokers advising me what's best for my money [what money :( ]. Am I being paranoid or do they sell customer lists in the belief that Merc drivers have cash to invest. ??

My daughter got a letter from our local VW dealer offering to service her SEAT Ibiza.

I was somewhat mystified by this as I wondered how they could have known we had an Ibiza.

My first thought was that the SEAT dealer had gone bust and VAG had given the VW dealer (they're not connected) a customer list, but that turned out to be not correct.

Then someone on another forum mentioned that if you've ever used one of those online comparison sites for car insurance, they sell your details. That seems to fit perfectly.

Yep, comparison sites are likely suspect. I personally avoid like the plague.

Competition entries harvest details which are often sold on too.

I get junk mail at my outlaws house. When we were looking for our current house I called in to an estate agent with my Father-on-law. We asked for some details, and he gave his address and my name. That was the only time my name has been connected to their address and they still get junk mail!!

I did visit a comparison site about 10 months ago when I insured car, it's probably them, then.
They recommended SAGA, don't they know how to make a bloke feel old. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom