Do dealerships give gifts?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HaveMercy

Car
2017 GLC 250d
The last time I bought a new car, BMW gave me a golf bag and a pen/pencil set.
Just wondering if Mercedes give you anything when you purchase a new car?

The last time I bought a new car, BMW gave me a golf bag and a pen/pencil set.
Just wondering if Mercedes give you anything when you purchase a new car?

Don't know about Mercs, but a work colleague got a personalised Mont Blanc pen with his 7-Series....

Got a memory stick shaped like an MB key and a nice pen with our recent approved used purchase, nice pen and key fob with our previous approved used. Got a golf umbrella and bunch of flowers with our new SLK in 2008. So, modest gifts seem to be the norm.

Got an electronic tyre pressure monitor left in the glovebox.

Given that the battery is flat and it's clearly been used I imagine that this was left by the previous owner.

I think it probably varies from depending on the dealer. When I picked up my A Class last July I was given the choice of an A Class style key ring, an MB Cap or an MB Golf Umbrella. I just got the key ring. My parents got the golf umbrella when they picked up their C Class.

Liam

Even the dealers are pleading poverty these days. My sister can't get anything with her e class

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Even the dealers are pleading poverty these days. My sister can't get anything with her e class

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Oddly I reckon the smaller cheaper car dealers are more likely to give you a gift worth having as they take nothing for granted. Whereby the big boys still think they are doing you a favour selling you one of their cars.

Hi,
When we bought our ML63 new in 2015 - we got a lovely wooden Mercedes branded box that contained a Mercedes gullwing mouse, key ring, aftershave and a few other bits and pieces.
We also got the AMG insert for the second ignition key free of charge, apparently these small things cost around £100

Cheers
Steve

Recently took delivery of a new C63. Got nothing.

Hi,
When we bought our ML63 new in 2015 - we got a lovely wooden Mercedes branded box that contained a Mercedes gullwing mouse, key ring, aftershave and a few other bits and pieces.
We also got the AMG insert for the second ignition key free of charge, apparently these small things cost around £100

Cheers
Steve

I think that's it really as when you buy a very expensive car eg Bentley, RR, Veyron etc.. you will no doubt get a few well thought out goodies. At the other end of the spectrum you get a 'token' gesture gift which to most people will be OK. However, when you in the middle eg. £30-£50,000 cars then you get virtually nothing of note and certainly nothing that represents the £ you are paying for your new toy.

One and only time I bought a new Merc, they gave me a radio :D:D My 260E about 1990.

Quite a few years ago a large local Ford dealership placed an advert in the local press and onto billboards across the province stating that the first 2 buyers of the then top of the range Ford Granada 2.8i Ghia X would receive a free Ford Fiesta 1.0L
A fella went into the dealership and requested a test drive in the Granada. Test drive completed he said he would buy one and they proceeded to talk figures. The fella asked what the smallest deposit was that he could put down and was told something like £1100 but that would mean his monthly payments would be relatively high. He assured the sales manager that he was in a well paid job and this was his only interest so that would be fine. Paperwork signed the sales manager asked him if when he was coming to pickup the cars if they could take photos of the hand over for the local press etc to which he agreed.

A few days later the fella returned to pick up the cars and had photos taken, flowers presented to the wife champagne etc then he left in the Granada followed by his wife in the Fiesta. The next day the fella returned with the Granada and said that after a heated discussion with his wife when she found out how much he would be shelling out a month he unfortunately would have to return the car and was doing so within the 14 day cooling off period. After trying to talk the fella into keeping it, readjusting the terms etc the sales manager gave up and reluctantly took the keys to the car. I’m sorry sir but you do realise that you will lose the deposit you placed on the car. The fella assured him he could live with that.
When he asked for the keys to the Fiesta the fella replied, “oh no sorry that was a free gift as an inducement to buy the Granada” and as such he was not required to return it.
Pretty cheap Fiesta he got. Billboards were swiftly removed.

Got a bunch of flowers with my new C350 in 2012. Had much better gifts since then (MB umbrella and thermos flask) with the free winter checks!

Got a bunch of flowers with my new C350 in 2012. Had much better gifts since then (MB umbrella and thermos flask) with the free winter checks!
The MB umbrella my parents got with their C Class looks good. My local dealer was apparently given away MB branded fleeces when you booked the car in for a free winter check. I was kicking myself when I found out aftewards!

Liam

I had a invoice for £45,000 ;)
Seriously I have had bottles of champagne / umbrellas / pens / in the past , but last few cars I've purchased I've not received anything apart from the bills to pay lol

The MB umbrella my parents got with their C Class looks good. My local dealer was apparently given away MB branded fleeces when you booked the car in for a free winter check. I was kicking myself when I found out aftewards!

Liam

It's easily the best umbrella I've ever seen, let alone owned. The strong construction and clever design stops it blowing inside out in strong winds.

I guess the gifts are always cheaper than a full tank of fuel!

It will vary by dealership, by salesman, and by margin on the deal!

I've had a few things over the years. The most thoughtful was an MB branded flask and insulated mugs. I closed the deal whilst traveling and whilst negotiating (by phone) I said I wished that I had a coffee to hand. Nice touch.

As I'd just paid for a service on the trade in, they reimbursed me with £260 of MB vouchers, and a full tank of diesel on my new purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom