Do dealerships give gifts?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It's easily the best umbrella I've ever seen, let alone owned. The strong construction and clever design stops it blowing inside out in strong winds.

They may be good but they don't sell for much on eBay.

Purchased my E350 new last year, nice bunch of flowers.

I did get a decent discount though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

purchased 5 mercs from retail used and never got anything, other than the keyring.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Gifts from recent purchase were an umbrella and a folding plastic crate from MB Grimsby. But I had to ask. As in the were no gifts with the car but I ordered a boot may from my contact on the day and asked if they could throw in one of the boxes in a showroom car. Was told they are more than £200! so I guess the retractable ones. He then offered me those two items and said he'd courier them down to me (probably cost more than the items). When in MB Ashford to ask about service options and Keyless-Go issue the service guy was pretty shocked about the no gift for my new S-clas) and gave me exactly the same two gifts there and then! So I've double creates and umbrellas. Still come on handy as I'm not good with keeping umbrellas for long

28% discount off list though, so I'm not complaining!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* 2017 W222 S350d SWB AMG Line Premium Plus
* Ashford, Kent & Mons, Belgium
Sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk

I've never got a gift when picking up a car. TBH, I'd be annoyed if I did, as clearly I wouldn't have shaved the price enough..

Cheers,

Gaz

After 26 years of dealing with Mercedes I've never had a gift, though I did negotiate two free services when they built me the wrong car in 1998. I asked for this in writing and when opened the letter which I collected it said one service which they had to change to two.

Last edited:
If you don't ask, you don't get. My car was a second hand from the main dealership.
I got an umbrella, AMG mats, keyrings and personalised number plate made up on top of annual road tax and tank of fuel.

Never had any gift from BMW in 25 years of new cars even with my six series convertible. I always got a full tank of fuel though so that's about hundred quid's worth

Never had any gift from BMW in 25 years of new cars even with my six series convertible. I always got a full tank of fuel though so that's about hundred quid's worth
Don't want to demean the gift and Ice never bought BMW, but Isn't a full tank normally included in the OTR charge?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't want to demean the gift and Ice never bought BMW, but Isn't a full tank normally included in the OTR charge?

I had a umbrella and one of those plastic crates, I thought the plastic crate was left in from the factory.
What I didn't realize was that a full tank of fuel was included in the OTR price, I thought it was a nice touch now I know I paid for it .:wallbash::fail

The last time I bought a new car, BMW gave me a golf bag and a pen/pencil set.
Just wondering if Mercedes give you anything when you purchase a new car?

Judging by some of the posts in MBClub, some dealers will give you the shaft after you've bought it...

Bought a new SL 17 months ago and was presented with this on collection:-

P1110072_zpsqsumzbir.jpg

It is still unwrapped and in new condition in my loft.

Red C220 said:
Bought a new SL 17 months ago and was presented with this on collection:- It is still unwrapped and in new condition in my loft.
I can understand why that is in your loft. It's very 'Famous 5'

I didn't get anything, not even floor mats, when I bought my new 212. It was a very good deal, done over the phone via a third party at long distance so I wouldn't have expected anything.

I got a pile of odds and sods with the Discovery, USB key drive (convincing enough at a quick glance for my misssus to pick it up instead of the actual key and get herself stranded... ...long story, that's been put away now), brolly, pen, key ring (you can't actually put the keys on :wallbash:) and the nice bone china mug I'm drinking my tea from right now,

Bought a new SL 17 months ago and was presented with this on collection:-

P1110072_zpsqsumzbir.jpg

It is still unwrapped and in new condition in my loft.

Alan

Let me know if you wish to re-gift this to me !!! I am looking for a hamper for the back of my restored 124 Wagon. If we could agree a deal? This fits the bill perfectly. Absolutely understand if you would prefer not to and do not wish to cause any offense by suggesting it ;^)

Bruce

We got a bottle of Veuve Clicquot and bunch of flowers with our new VW Polo last month - which was rather nice of them.

Thanks for all the answers guys. Good to see that there are indeed gifts and that they are quite varied. I wouldn't mind a decent brolly, pen or bottle of bubbly. I'll be collect my GLC at the end of next week so will let you know what I got and the dealership I bought through.

A colleague got that umbrella, yes, very high quality, but I couldn't bring myself to ever actually use it...

After negotiating a deal on the new toy I mentioned that we were having to come a long way to look at the car (Kent to Exeter) to decide if we would buy it, I told them that if the car was right that I would like to drive it away the same day. They offered to put us up in a nice hotel for the night regardless of whether we bought it and offered to make sure the car had a full tank for our drive home.

We bought the car and enjoyed our free night in Woodbury Park Hotel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom