Do E Coupes rattle?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bpsorrel

MB Enthusiast
Car
'21 C300 Coupe, '20 SLC Final Edition, Peugeot 208 (hers!) and a new Ford Kuga in Russia
Following on from Mark's rattling C class thread, I've whittled down my CLS replacement to an E coupe (haven't chosen engine yet) but, in the light of all these rattling new model MBs, I'm a bit concerned as I too can't stand rattles and creaks!

So, what's the experience here of E Coupes? are they rattlers or silent?
(by the way, the E500 I drove here in Russia was very quiet....asside from the roar of the V8.. :D )

Buy a pre-reg car, as opposed to a new car. That way you can test drive the actual car you'd buy, rather than one just representative of it.

My E coupe is 5 months old and has 6000miles on the clock. Recently it had developed a vibration somewhere on or behind the dash when the engine revs are 1400-1600 revs, when the car is in motion as opposed to static. The noise is slight but I can hear it and now listen for it. I also have a slight rattle which I have traced to the drivers window glass adjacent to the thin B pillar closure; pressing on the glass stops the rattle. Car is shortly going in to my local MB garage for (hopefully) remedying the noises. I stress the noises are slight but not acceptable to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom