Do G wagons Understeer ? lol

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

merc85

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
CLK 500
What an ar*e. Does he not know that G wagons handle like Steptoe's horse and cart.

Last edited:
Poor driving skills, dangerous lane change. If he had ben driving a normal everyday saloon car he would have made that bend with ease. Main thing is , no one hurt. His team mates will have seen it and he will be ribbed for it for a long time no doubt.

Can you imagine what the insurance would've cost for a 21-year old on an AMG G-Wgaon... and then imagine what it's gonna be now lol

But yeah, 'kids' with no specific tuition shouldn't really be allowed these... If you're a 21 year old Lewis Hamilton, sure, go for it. Some random footballer kid in a 600+bhp 4x4 that handles like a blancmange...

I drove a rented landrover defender when I was a kid It was a pretty new car at the time (91 or 92). The thing was bloody horrible on the M25. Changing lanes was terrifying.

I think that I've forgotten how bad it was because I've been wanting one of those recently

I drove a rented landrover defender when I was a kid It was a pretty new car at the time (91 or 92). The thing was bloody horrible on the M25. Changing lanes was terrifying.

I think that I've forgotten how bad it was because I've been wanting one of those recently
Nearly 20 years ago I drove a brand new Defender ‘Tomb Raider’ half way round the M25 to deliver it to a footballer’s wife (Sam Holdsworth - a lovely lady). I’ve driven a lot of rubbish cars in my time, and this was among the worst. Some of the bends on the M25 were a struggle!

But it was easier to drive than the G-wagon I drove from Calais to Buckinghamshire. Not really the car’s fault I suppose, more the contents. I was on my way back from a biannual booze cruise to France with 3 mates. I drew the short straw to remain sober for the return journey in one of the other guy’s car. Taking full advantage of the wagon’s load capacity we kept buying wine until it was filled to the roof. What we hadn’t considered was the effect of so much weight right at the back and three pi55ed guys fast asleep not far forward of it. The front wheels barely touched the ground all the way home! Not so much understeer as virtually nosteer! Those M25 bends were even harder to negotiate that night.

Well the Wagon is a tall vehicle,and the idiot cut three lanes to hit the curb on the slip and after that well braking did not help and so he ended up in the bushes.

Too much money, too little skill. Silly boy, but I suspect he's learnt a lesson. The G-Wagen doesn't really look as though it's going at any great speed, either; I'd have thought a bit more left lock a bit earlier would have done the trick.

Strange.
Never had his problems with my old G300D LWB 🤔🤔

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom