Do I have brake pad wear sensors?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

a123123123

Car
W212 E350
I have this car: https://www.datamb.com/vin/rogOm27zlDKE8DNRl

Do I brake pad wear sensors or not? I can't see them listed but I don't know if they are standard or were optional at the time.

Is there an easy way to check without taking the wheel off and looking for a wire going into the calipers?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Yes, definitely standard. By removing the wheels it will show whether you have pad wear sensors.
But be aware that there’s probably just one wear sensor per axle, so you may need to remove all the wheels to be sure.

Probably easiest to check by looking through the wheel spokes.
They’re usually copper coloured twin wires on top of the brake caliper, so you may need to hose the caliper through the spokes to clean them off[emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

See the two wires and connector labelled S10/2 connected to the inner disc pad -thats what to look for

Remove/check/install front axle brake pads - WIS

The last owner of my car did not put in the sensor just left it tied up. Found this out today when I was putting new disks and pads on. Now the bloody warning light is on and car going back for retest tomorrow. Managed to put in two crimper wire joiners and cross the wires to test if it is the sensor and yes it was. Will be leaving these in for the MOT retest. Then fit the new one when it arrives.

When I had the fronts done on my car, the garage told me that although according to the VIN it only had 1 brake pad sensor, when they took the old pads out they found 2 - they only had 1 new one but were able to re-use one of the old ones. Don't believe what the VIN search says - seeing is believing!

With todays intelligent braking systems and stability control etc , each wheel can be braked independantly so relying on one sensor to monitor wear of both sets of front brake pads and one to monitor both sets of rear pads wear wouldn't make sense any more??

Brake pad wear sensor is applicable for your vehicle - Yes.

upload_2019-5-2_23-44-17.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom