Do i have the amg sportpack on my c200 w203??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

carsnstuff

Car
bubble car
Looking for front pads for my c200 cdi avant-garde, it has drilled front discs does this mean I have the amg sports pk and I need to buy sport pack pads?

Does anyone know the cheapest best place for pads? Cheers

I think that the drilled front discs simply mean that you have the Sport or Avangarde variant (as opposed to Classic), but not necessarily any additional option pack (AMG or otherwise) above the standard kit that comes with the Sport or Avangarde trim level. If you post your VIN someone will check the MB P/N for the pads for you.

Also, loads and loads of brands out there, but pads are cheap anyway, so I would stick with the genuine MB parts.

Or you can read the comments made by 'Deleted member 159235' in this thread (starting from post #12):

hi thanks for your reply my VIN is WDC2030072R168319

i rang dealer but he said £70 for OEM!!

Last edited:
Without knowing what discs etc you have fitted it is impossible to tell you what fits or does not

Do you really want to fit brake pads solely on the basis of cost or do you want to fit parts of known high quality and designed for the car? After all, it is only your brakes........

Email Steve Jenkins: [email protected] and send him your VIN. He works in the parts department of MB Edinburgh and they often discount original MB parts.

hi thanks for your reply my VIN is WDC2030072R168319

i rang dealer but he said £70 for OEM!!

The pads are: A 004 420 51 20

The wear sensor is: A 211 540 17 17

New discs, should you need them: A 203 421 03 12

New caliper bolts: A 124 421 04 71 (2 per side)

And your cars has this:

486 Sports suspension

Cool thanks guys and finally it doesn't say on the build checker and im not with the car... lucas or brembo?!

I can't tell from EPC if you have Lucas or Brembo callipers.

If this helps, I ran the calliper P/Ns on eBay and all the photos I found were of Lucas callipers.

Its cool they were brembo,

So I took the wheel off, took them out and there was loads of meat on them, at least 10mm and no where near the wear indicator (which hadn't gone off)

Replaced and tested out and the juddering had gone.

Do all w203's brakes need replacing early?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom