Do I have to go staggered? (W203 C320 v6 coupe)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

barki

Car
W203 C320 Manual Coupe
Hi

:D

Just looking to upgrade my wheela since my 17" evolution wheels have seen better days.

Im sturggling to choosing the ture/wheel size combo, having seen the sticky link.

Im considering three sets of wheels

A set where all four are 18x8.0, and 225/40 tyres all round

Or

A set where all four are 18x8.5 with 235/40 all round (I realise that 225 will fit but dont really want the stretch/protuding rim)

Or

A set where two are 18x8.0 (225/40's) and two are 18x9.0 (255/35's)

Option a is the cheapest, then b, then c.

Are there any factors to consider except asthetics? Will opt B rub?

Cheers!!

Tom

I would go for any one of the combinations that is showing in the owners manual as an option for your car/engine.

This will ensure perfect fit, and will also avoid any potential issues with your insurer (though I may just be pranoid regarding the latter).

Last edited:
Cheers but I just looked through the manual and tyre size options aren't in it!

No, you don't have to go staggered, it was an option fitted to W203's & CL203's with the Sport Pack AFAIK.

You don't say if you're looking at new or used, but take a look at the options which were available here. If you're after used, click on the See Unavailable Wheels. It will also show the tyre sizes for each individual wheel. HTH

Mercedes Alloys - Alloy Wheels Direct (C Class CL203 Sport Coupé).

Last edited:
I could have sworn the tyre sizes were listed in the specifications section towards the back. Failing that does it mention them inside the. Fuel filler flap?

Which wheel widths are listed in the owners manual? I suspect they'll be 7.5 inches wide at the front and 8.5 inches wide at the rear. I personally wouldn't go wider than that. 225 is the usual tyre width at the front, and 245 at the rear on the 203s.

Going wider will increase the likelihood of rubbing, especially as going for wheels not originally fitted to the 203 will possibly mean a different offset, again increasing the likelihood of rubbing.

Going too wide at the front will affect the feel and precision of the steering, and will increase loads on the ball joints, but neither may be an issue for you depending upon the way you drive or how long you keep the car.

W203.jpg

This is for a 2006 car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom