Do i have to go staggered

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andy_cyp

MB Enthusiast
Car
Thinking of what to get next
Im in the market for some 20" alloys for the E55, just need to know before commencing the search is do i have to go staggered.

Car currently runs 18x8"fr & 18x9rear iirc, can i get away with lets say for example 20x9 all round ?? Or is that a bad idea.

TIA
Andy

Kleemann are doing a deal on 18 inch TS7 alloys at the moment which looks inviting. Not staggered though which put me off a bit.

They may do a deal on larger alloys too if you ask? Don't hold your breath though. I dropped them an email on Monday but as yet not received a response.

What's the point in discounting products, and then advertising that discount in Mercedes Enthusiast if you don't reply to enquiries!!?? :confused:

We have a Kleemann account.. The TS7 is 18x8.5" only. Can still use wider rear tyres on these, depending on the vehicle application

ANDY_CYP: 'Im in the market for some 20" alloys for the E55, just need to know before commencing the search is do i have to go staggered'.

Close one eye and try to walk straight you should be fine:D

Go to mbworld.com and get some inspiration!!!

Some great looking cars on there!

Bear in mind your ride comfort and the fact that I'll get slated for saying....

Big wheels look good!

Ah well.

Sweet dreams.

Jay:)

What do Brabus do? I'd take my inspiration from there I think if trying to better an AMG.

Andy if it helps I have 20" on the e500 w211.

The wheel specs are 9.0" x 20" offset 40 front with 245/30/20 tyres and 10" x 20" offset 35 with 285/25/20 tyres at the back.

The picture in my avatar is of the rear wheel.

There is absolutely no rubbing on full lock or with 5 adults in the car.

I've set the suspension on normal height and comfort.

As far as looks are concerned - the car looks unique - lots of positive comments etc ...

If I were to do it again I would prob go for 19" in the same width - problem is that our roads here in UK are in a much worse state than those of our US friends where they can get away with this size of rim day to day without any issues.

sorry forgot to add you HAVE to go staggered ...there is more room in the rear arches that requires filling ..

Just my five pence anyway !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom