Do I have TPMS ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisCSK942

Car
ML 250
Hi All,
I've bought a new set of wheels for summer use to fit to my ML250 and just before I get the tyres fitted, I was hoping that someone could confirm whether I have TPMS sensors fitted or not please ?
I have an June 2014 ML250 with the silver coloured tyre valves. There is no display on the dash for each tyre (as with my wife's BMW)
The only reference I have is on the dash messages "Runflat indicator active" (and re start with OK)
So do I need to source a set of TPMS Sensors ?
Thanks

Can you check the fitted options using a VIN decoder?

You are right that the silver (metal) valve stems suggest TPMS sensors, while the instrument cluster display suggests the opposite.

Also, if you do have TPMS sensors fitted, they can be transferred to the new tyres.

And last, do you know if the wheels currently on your car are the factory-fitted wheels?

Thanks for that WN & Mark
Only thing I can find from the Vin code checker is "Option Code 477 - TIRE PRESSURE LOSS WARNER"

Was going to leave the original scabby 19" AMG wheels & tyres for winter use and the new 20" AMG for summer only use
Yes I have the standard factory fit 19" polished AMG Alloys and planning to go AMG 20" which again are standard on the ML's / GLE's

Sounds like the system that uses the ABS sensors to monitor wheel revolutions, rather than the tyre valve mounted sensors.

Option 475 refers to TPMS fitted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom