Do I need an oil change?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sparqx

Car
Mercedes E220 CDI
Just checking everything before my long journey to Germany. Do you think I need a top up/oil change?

Last edited:
It can't hurt to do it?

When was it last done?

Is the level ok? Check it when hot and on level ground 5 mins after switch off.

Doesn't oil in fuel of the devil engines always go a dirty dirty colour quickly? Is your oil nag light on?

When was it last done?

Is the level ok? Check it when hot and on level ground 5 mins after switch off.

Was last serviced 4000 miles ago...:dk:

Got it booked in for an oil and filter change tomorrow at Kwikfit:thumb:

If there's no naggy light and the level is ok, why are you worrying?

Kwikfit :dk: I'd be more concerned after the car had been there !!

Doesn't oil in fuel of the devil engines always go a dirty dirty colour quickly? Is your oil nag light on?

I re-checked the oil level a few days after an oil and filter change by MB and it was soon very black. It wasn't even 1000 miles afterwards so I've assumed that's normal for a CDI.

Diesel engine in my opinion will almost always turn engine oil black very quickly due to the cleaning properties of oil and the general dirtiness of a diesel engine if I was undertaken a long distance journey I would give car a general service air filter oil filter oil change fuel filters check brakes brake fluid would I let quick fit do it Let me think No I don't think I would

If only 4000 k since last oil change i wouldn't be concerned unless your going to do a very high mileage on you trip to Germany.

Kwikfit, Give them a miss & try to find a decent indie in your area, make frinds with him as he'll be a source of info for you

D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom