Do I need to notify my insurer if I've received 3 points?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Storm

The thread title says it all. Do I need to notify my insurer immediately or do I wait until I renew?

I'm uncertain if I'm "obliged" to do so and I'd rather avoid paying OTT "admin" fees where possible! :)

You need to check your policy but chances are yes you do need to tell them.

Pretty sure you are obliged to tell them asap. If these are your only points then it shouldn't affect your premium or incur admin charges.

Yes you do ... if you don't you could technically be in breach of contract as you have brought a different risk to a common pool of insurable risks..

3 points tho will most likely make no difference to your premium ....some insurers don't penalise even 6 pts..

Many thanks! I'll give them a call.

You need to tell your insurers, and it will depend on your misdemeanour as to whether you pay any extra. 62 in a 50 limit on a motorway is less likely to attract as much notice as 42 in a 30 limit in an urban area. Best of luck.

How did you know I was doing 42 in a 30?! Hmmm...

Not quite an urban area though, it was a dual carraigeway. Still at least the road outside the local school is 40mph. :crazy::mad:

Stupid speed chuffing speed limits.

all the insurers will want to know is the penalty code on your liscence..

Yup, all contacted and they just updated the details, no hassle at all, which is nice.

Many thanks for your help everyone.

Most allow 3 points "for free" but six or more...be prepared for a bill!!!

Direct line do add extra, or they did for me on an sp30, cost me about 8% extra

All depends on insurance companies - their individual policies and how much marging they have in a contract..

By individual policies ..I mean how they view the added risk no their individual insurance policies...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom