Do MB parts still have a 2-year warranty?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

R77C

Car
C63
Hi all, as per the thread title really.

Let's say that I had some MB parts fitted by a MB dealer, then they failed at some point later (not due to wear and tear but due to being faulty) within 2 years of being fitted. Assuming the maintenance record was in-line with MB's schedule and blemish free would the parts be covered by a 2-year warranty?

I know this always used to be the case, but wasn't sure if something had changed. Google doesn't tell me.

I'll call the dealer next week if someone on here doesn't know. Cheers!

Last May I had a new airmatic compressor fitted by MB dealer and this January a front airmatic strut. The service agent made special mention that parts have 2 year warranty. The replacement airmatic compressor had to be replaced and the car recovered on a low loader when it failed after 15 miles on my way back home from the dealers. A second new compressor was installed without question and all labour covered by MB. Very glad that it was the compressor that failed as the strut was on back order and the car was off the road for over 10 weeks.

Appreciate the replies, thanks both!

I think as long as they are fitted by a VAT registered garage and are fitted correctly then they hold the 2 year warranty. Happy to be corrected.

Whatever you buy like mechanical parts or electrical TVs and recorders etc, is covered for two years. I told on here how a few years ago I Bought a Goodman TV recorder, well I took. It back to Sainsbury's electrical three times in all all over 4 years eventually they stopped stocking them, so were unable to replace it, so gave me back my initial payment of £90, I went and bought a smart TV at John Lewis. Initially Sainsbury's said it was out of the 12 month warranty but I said an EU directive had put in law that two years should apply, now we are no longer in EU that directive still applies and will no doubt continue.

Whatever you buy like mechanical parts or electrical TVs and recorders etc, is covered for two years. I told on here how a few years ago I Bought a Goodman TV recorder, well I took. It back to Sainsbury's electrical three times in all all over 4 years eventually they stopped stocking them, so were unable to replace it, so gave me back my initial payment of £90, I went and bought a smart TV at John Lewis. Initially Sainsbury's said it was out of the 12 month warranty but I said an EU directive had put in law that two years should apply, now we are no longer in EU that directive still applies and will no doubt continue.
Blimey i've got lots of things you can take back for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom