Do new headers require remap

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alexanderfoti

Authorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
Some MB's
Hi all

Upon installation of headers (long tube, short tube or mid's), does the car need a re-map to realise the gains for them?

The car will have a 180 crank pulley and EC remap (along with some cooling mods) at the time the headers will be installed.

Just amended my first post as I've actually read the question this time.

If Eurocharged are doing the work then they'll map it to suit whatever you're having done with them. My only worry would be if you're running without cats (from your other thread) then you may get a check engine light raising it's head. (Ask me how I know :D)

Im not planning on getting the headers installed or from eurocharged, and am planning on installing PLH short tube headers myself. The idea is to do the headers in 6 months or so (the mapping etc is happening next week).

So im wondering If I should book another visit to EC after I install the headers.

Luckily one of the reasons im choosing to go with the short tube headers is that they are a straight fitment and the primary cats can stay in place.

I have heard about various horror stories about check engine lights and removed cats!

Mention what you're intending to do to either Paul or Andy before your map. I'm sure that they'll accommodate your needs. :)

Long tube and no cats (or even sport ones) do sound awesome though. :)

Am also considering fitting short headers as I have no secondary cats so need to keep the primary ones. Any recommendations for the SL55?

Mention what you're intending to do to either Paul or Andy before your map. I'm sure that they'll accommodate your needs. :)

Long tube and no cats (or even sport ones) do sound awesome though. :)

I will do when im there, dont want to bother paul too much in the run up though as I get the impression he is quite busy and I do get carried away on the phone.

I can imagine, im sure the short tubes dont sound too shabby either! Any of them have to be better than the stock MB ones which are shocking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom