Do new Mercedes have a device making them impervious to bad weather?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuartB

Car
Mercedes C43 AMG/Aston Martin V8 Volante/Aston Martin DB7/ Mercedes S-Class
I was overtakien today on the A3 today by a new Mercedes E class doing over 100 in the rain, when just about 60 would have been safe?

Have MB created a new option making their cars impervious to bad weather?

Last edited:
Nah -- they always had them ... They are called DELIVERY DRIVERS !

Hi Stuart, How's it going? How's that lil' demon of a Peugeot going? :devil:

StuartB said:
I was overtakien today on the A3 today by a new Mercedes E class doing over 100 in the rain, when just about 60 would have been safe?

Have MB created a new option making their cars impervious to bad weather?
Maybe he was using the cruise control without having read the handbook? ;) :D Or perhaps he has a new "it won't happen to me" button. :p

S.

It wasn't a E320 CDI in Cubanite with W2 at the begining of the number plate was it? :D :D :D

Simple. The normal laws of Physics do not apply on the A3, especially in the wet.

Steve_Perry said:
Maybe he was using the cruise control without having read the handbook? ;) :D
If you check the handbook it says as an example that you should use the speed limiter function of the cruise control to keep from going over 120mph in winter conditions ;) .

Phew! That's alright then!

Shude said:
If you check the handbook it says as an example that you should use the speed limiter function of the cruise control to keep from going over 120mph in winter conditions ;) .

Well that's a relief! I thought for a minute he was going too fast! He was obviously following the manufacturers safety guidelines ;-p Wonder if that would stand up in court?

Andy

vito113 said:
Well that's a relief! I thought for a minute he was going too fast! He was obviously following the manufacturers safety guidelines ;-p Wonder if that would stand up in court?

Andy
LOL I could just picture that... "Honest m'lud, the manufacturer recommends a maximum speed of 120mph on main roads in winter conditions" ;)

S.

This is one of the standard items that was fitted to the Vito that I really miss on my C-Class.

It is on my list of mods and I am waiting for one to come up on ebay. Evidently it is very easy to fit and works really well.

jimmy said:
This is one of the standard items that was fitted to the Vito that I really miss on my C-Class.

It is on my list of mods and I am waiting for one to come up on ebay. Evidently it is very easy to fit and works really well.

I'll let you "Clone" mine if you like Jimmy. :rock:

You might have to adjust the speed limiter for your eh? :D :D

Did you know that the pre-owned E Class (W124) comes with this as standard as well.

Except that there's no limiter at 120mph !

Philirv said:
Did you know that the pre-owned E Class (W124) comes with this as standard as well.

Except that there's no limiter at 120mph !

I think they both got deleted on mine... :( :(

when the brake switch died on my previous c230k the BAS/ASR light came on and cruise control was disabled. I didn't get the switch fixed for about 3 months or something so in the meantime had to use the speed limiter as a kind-of cruise control, works in a similar way really, set the limiter to 80mph for example and rest my foot on the gas pedal :) . It was very much appreciated on the long journeys I can tell you! :D

I reckon it was a BMW driver taking a test drive or shoud I say flight ;)

pluggers said:
I reckon it was a BMW driver taking a test drive or shoud I say flight ;)
I agree, it's a known fact that 99% of BMW drivers give the rest of them a bad name.

kikkthecat said:
I agree, it's a known fact that 99% of BMW drivers give the rest of them a bad name.
I think your right, have a brother with a 330i and a brother in law with a 320i convertable and they are typical of bmw drivers, and the 2 biggest wa**ers you could meet in your life. I was gonna put a post on BMW forum asking advice on choosing between mercedes and BMW but someone had put the post already so just read their's. When it got down to it the BMW drivers started giving out about mercedes drivers and how mercedes are rubbish to driver one guy said a ford focus is better to drive than a mercedes. But when I posted a thread here on choosing no one slatted the bmw driver or car. So I know know that next car i'm definitly going for a mercedes and as soon as possible. Dont like the BMW image, what ever people say most are a certain type person! :D :D

mercedes lover said:
When it got down to it the BMW drivers started giving out about mercedes drivers and how mercedes are rubbish to driver one guy said a ford focus is better to drive than a mercedes.

Unfortunatly, Mercedes Engineers really could pick up a thing or two from how a BMW handles! In general they are very well sorted cars. Mercs are not really set up as 'sports' saloons, and most Beemers can comprehensively outhandle a Mercedes. Mercs are more at home as motorway cruisers.

Andy

That's not the point, point is what there like, they stand there corner alot more than mercedes owners, there always ready to fight to prove the BMW name is the best, also good at having a dig at mercedes drivers e.g. was reading one post that said mercedes drivers just like to turn a fat steering wheel wobbling there fat bellys bouncing down a road, and that mercedes drivers dont like driving. I think mercedes owners should stand there corner more! Be more proud of the brand! Just what I think :devil:

mercedes lover said:
was reading one post that said mercedes drivers just like to turn a fat steering wheel wobbling there fat bellys bouncing down a road, and that mercedes drivers dont like driving.
:eek: :eek: :eek:

ROTFLMAO !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom