Do new Mercs have LED interior lights?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TeddyRuxpin

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
2x E350 CDI Sport W212s... for a bit
Hi there,

I'm changing over the lights on my pre-facelift W212 sport - bright LEDs (750 lumen) for the boot, boot lid, door courtesy lights, puddle (wing mirror) lights, and the glove box. I live somewhere rural with no lights, so I like all exterior lights to be really bright! I also like LED lights on the reg plate, but not too bright, whatever looks OEM.

However I'm not so sure about the interior cabin lights - on my previous car (BMW E39 Sport) I put LEDs in and it felt 'harsh' and cold, like being inside a fridge. Also the fade in/out of the lights wasn't quite as slick as halogen bulbs. So, I changed the interior bulbs back.

But this is a more modern car and the cooler look might be better suited.

My main question is - in a brand new E-Class, are all the interior lights still halogen, or are they white LED? Perhaps 'tungsten coloured' LED? I haven't seen it mentioned during reviews - they don't usually show the car at night!

Cheers!

On my slc they are certainly ‘warm white’ leds - pretty much identical colour temp to a normal incandescent but much brighter and well controlled.
As they are oem they fade in and out perfectly.

Interestingly, this OEM BMW kit is ‘white’ at 5700K

Interior LED lighting package – set of 10 favorable buying at our shop

Confused by the line “specially calibrated lenses for light similar to that of an incandescent light bulb” though!

Trying to find similar info on what a 2018 E-Class has, for example!

Cheers

I have a 2016 E350 Estate which has the ILS, no idea about interiors though other than they are plenty bright enough to light the surroundings when doors open and puddle lights come on.

Robin

Confused by the line “specially calibrated lenses for light similar to that of an incandescent light bulb” though!

Fancy talk for the light colour is identical to an incandescent. Not the very white/blue or amber of some leds.
It’s more of a warm white.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom