Do real AMGs punish AMG badged up cars?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dizwen

Car
C32 AMG
I was driving home the other day and as I approached a crossroads in my home town and a c-class w203 coupe pulled out from the right and caused me to brake, not hard, but enough to make me think "what a to$er"

As I got closer to the boot of the car I saw C220 AMG on the boot lid. it had blacked out windows, aftermarket exhaust and looked like it had been lowered. The guy driving was doing that thing of hanging back, then nailing it up the backside of the car in front of him then dropping back etc...

I just sat there and thought "mate, i'm going to show you what a real AMG goes like". The road we were on leads to a large roundabout that splits into two lanes and as luck would have it I ended up next to mister C220. We went round the island and as the road straightened out he put his foot down. So did I...

Feeling that my point was proved, at the next island I headed home.

But the thought popped into my head after reading some other threads on here (moron in a 62 e320 etc...) do other AMG drivers see AMG badged up cars and "prove a point?"

Now I think about it, to be honest, if it's not a AMG, don't badge it as one...

let the baiting begin!

You got Will on post two - that's what I call master baiting.......

I'm not sure I've come up against a non-AMG Merc with AMG badges on it.

I've seen a fair few 'M' BMWs which clearly aren't, but again, not been up against one.

I did come up against a lowly-badged Golf, which clearly wasn't what it purported to be, but still got stuffed... :D

You got Will on post two - that's what I call master baiting.......

Not sure what you mean, as every other car Mercedes sell now has an AMG badge.

I look down at all cars that have less than 8 cylinders, unless that is I see a V12 then I quietly go about my business :rolleyes:

Seriously it really does not bother me what car or what badge it has when they are driving like an idiot all I see is an idiot.

Last edited:
Not sure what you mean, as every other car Mercedes sell now has an AMG badge.

It was an opportunity to be childish in a sniggering Beavis and Butthead way - nothing to do with the theme of the thread.

Sometimes it's hard to resist (I'm glad to say) :cool:.

Child...as usual...tah dah...

The majority of AMG badged non-amg cars with just the wheels and bodykit I've seen have the AMG badge on the wrong side of the boot. I take perverse pleasure in ' driving Miss Daisy', obeying all the speed limits and rules of the road, knowing I have a nuclear deterrent under my right foot. My pet hate is Audi A4 Tdi drivers who think they have right of way by virtue of specifying daylight running lights!

I take perverse pleasure in ' driving Miss Daisy', obeying all the speed limits and rules of the road, knowing I have a nuclear deterrent under my right foot.

Nicely put, Vilus. :thumb: A lot to be said for it.. “When restraint and courtesy are added to strength, the latter becomes irresistible.” - Gandhi.

It's the knowing that's the pleasure for me, not the doing.

Not quite a fake AMG story...

Pulled up at traffic lights on a dual carriageway yesterday alongside a newish Audi A4 and the driver glances my way in a sneering way, looking at my rusty wing over the top of his rimless glasses and smirking as he turned away.

As soon as the lights turned, he shot off like a scolded cat and with me being a very sensible man, I didn't race him.

I ****ing spanked him! :D

(for the record, I know that it's not big or clever in case anyone wanted to remind me...)

My drive to work includes a series of large roundabouts with 400yards or so of dual carriageway between them.
I used to come across a black c63 at least once a week and seeing as I don't travel during rush hour he would be stretching its legs.

Some days I'm in the sprinter and others the bike or the s class. I wonder if he ever knew that the guy who regularly annihilates his c63 on a bike is the same guy he shoots past and cuts up in a s class or sprinter.

He recently started driving a white c63 coupe, I guess his lease was up on his black one...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MBClub UK

My drive to work includes a series of large roundabouts with 400yards or so of dual carriageway between them.

I was once driving that road and saw an Aston Martin piled into the kerb of one of those roundabouts. The rear wheel assembly was a proper gonner. :D

SPX said:
Not quite a fake AMG story...

Pulled up at traffic lights on a dual carriageway yesterday alongside a newish Audi A4 and the driver glances my way in a sneering way, looking at my rusty wing over the top of his rimless glasses and smirking as he turned away.

As soon as the lights turned, he shot off like a scolded cat and with me being a very sensible man, I didn't race him.

I ****ing spanked him! :D

(for the record, I know that it's not big or clever in case anyone wanted to remind me...)

You spanked a man in broad daylight?? I knew somebody who bummed a sheep once.

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

'With power comes great responsibility', as he saying goes. Every day I see idiots thrashing their motors to get a few vehicles ahead in the queue. If all AMG owners drove in the same manner we would be extinct! If I floor the throttle in traffic I plan my trajectory, ie. where I will be in less than five seconds, at three figure speeds ( KPH of course!!!!!). Drivers of mortal vehicles cannot understand and consequently do not allow for this. I sometimes think why not just buy a Range Rover or X5 given UK roads, but when it shines my AMG SHINES!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom