Do real AMGs punish AMG badged up cars?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My six pots fuelled by petrol sound and perform well, but I know my place. I look up to real AMGs, but I look down on diesels and 4-potters with or without AMG badges!

I thought the new 265hp diesel was faster than your v6 petrol?

In Poland I saw a C30 CDI AMG ...only 10 were made...

I think there`s more than 10

I thought the new 265hp diesel was faster than your v6 petrol?
So the diesel owners would have you believe. But the official stats say that the saloons are both 0-62 in 6.0 sec, whilst the diesel estate takes an extra 0.3 sec to reach that speed. :bannana: Just like the genuine AMGs, they're all electronically limited to 155.

Don't forget to black out three of the tail pipes or you won't look at all convincing!

Aaaah you see Im lucky I dont have quad exhausts on the w208 CLK 55 amg (gosh...its a mouthfull!), I have one set of twins...so they will think its after market mods!:bannana:

Aaaah you see Im lucky I dont have quad exhausts on the w208 CLK 55 amg (gosh...its a mouthfull!), I have one set of twins...so they will think its after market mods!:bannana:

Can't beat the single Twins as an ultimate bait car :thumb:

Can't beat the single Twins as an ultimate bait car :thumb:

Unfortunately I also get the odd "did you really fancy an AMG that much that you put the badges on the boot lid? Arent AMGs supposed to have quad exhausts? Can you lift the bonnet please? Lets hear the V8..." etc!:doh:

Unfortunately I also get the odd "did you really fancy an AMG that much that you put the badges on the boot lid? Arent AMGs supposed to have quad exhausts? Can you lift the bonnet please? Lets hear the V8..." etc!:doh:

Yes I've had similar before, people saying they've never seen an AMG in W210 shape etc - Guess the older they get and the more than come off the road, rust to pieces ( 348 left according to howmanyleft website ) then they just get harder to spot.

So the diesel owners would have you believe. But the official stats say that the saloons are both 0-62 in 6.0 sec, whilst the diesel estate takes an extra 0.3 sec to reach that speed. :bannana: Just like the genuine AMGs, they're all electronically limited to 155.

Fair enough. There are plenty of diesels out there that will shock petrol drivers and they seem to be increasing.
BMW's 550d (3 litre) will do the 0-60 sprint in 4.7 seconds.

This is also a serious piece of kit with enough torque for time travel
Audi Q7 6.0 TDI Quattro 5dr Tip Auto Diesel Estate 2010

Fair enough. There are plenty of diesels out there that will shock petrol drivers and they seem to be increasing.
BMW's 550d (3 litre) will do the 0-60 sprint in 4.7 seconds.
Stick 3 turbos on mine and I'm sure it'll go quicker too! What's more, my car comes in RHD - can the 550d do that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom