Do the teams ever make money out of F1?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gucci

MB Enthusiast
Car
Jaguar XF 3.0 Ultimate Black
There seems to be so much money spent in F1...the cost being almost crippling for many - so apart from the love of it - is there a business case?!! Do the teams win financially for winning a race? What's the return?

No, they get a share of FOM TV revenues based on the year end points score, 2 years after the year they get the points, plus each race sponsor adds a fund which is shared by the top 3. The payout is based on several factors depending on how many years the teams have been in the championship. So Ferrari and McLaren get a decent wedge, and Brawn won't get a peanut until 2011.

FOM also pay a standard amount to each team for each race for any race more than 16 in the year.

The FIA pay for various pieces of equipment to be taken to each race and certain other costs for testing and stuff.

The teams make a profit each year.

Willaims said they have made a loss of the last 2 years, but have also stated they will pay the loans back over this year so next year they are back in profit again.

Surely that is not a black and white answer?

There are huge sums of money in Formula 1.... Look at the fine imposed on McLaren. Look at the lifestyles of top teams.

That was just an answer to the point about being paid for wins.

the big teams have some finance input (several hundre million) from sponsor etc.

the £30m suggestion for the FIA, is based on an amount currently available to teams from the FOM tv revenue.

I am sure they will get more out of FOM if a budget cap was brought in. FOM earns around £750m a year. So they could easily get a 26 car grid for a £50m cap.

That was just an answer to the point about being paid for wins.

the big teams have some finance input (several hundre million) from sponsor etc.

the £30m suggestion for the FIA, is based on an amount currently available to teams from the FOM tv revenue.

I am sure they will get more out of FOM if a budget cap was brought in. FOM earns around £750m a year. So they could easily get a 26 car grid for a £50m cap.
Totally agree and the prize money would never bank role a Formula 1 team. How much money does an F1 tema now have to put up front to actually compete for a season?

The money that is squandered in formula 1 is obscene. Personal fittness consultants dieticians, chefs, pr managers the list of time wasters is endless and all get paid a fortune.

Totally agree and the prize money would never bank role a Formula 1 team. How much money does an F1 tema now have to put up front to actually compete for a season?

They reckon you need £80m. I think torro rosso, and Williams will be operating under that. Honda stopped funding Brawn at end of March, so it could be operating under that by the end of the year.

£30m will dumb the teams and the show down. Thats what Mad Max wants. Sooner he leaves the better. I mean, look at the shambles this year. I understand the response to the McLaren Lie-GATE issue, but who allowed the stewards to make a decision when they had no consulted the team radios, that they had access to?

We all make mistakes so my view is to draw a line under that now and move on. Imagine Max saying that? neither can I!

They reckon you need £80m. I think torro rosso, and Williams will be operating under that. Honda stopped funding Brawn at end of March, so it could be operating under that by the end of the year.

£30m will dumb the teams and the show down. Thats what Mad Max wants. Sooner he leaves the better. I mean, look at the shambles this year. I understand the response to the McLaren Lie-GATE issue, but who allowed the stewards to make a decision when they had no consulted the team radios, that they had access to?

We all make mistakes so my view is to draw a line under that now and move on. Imagine Max saying that? neither can I!
I was listening very hard to what eccles cake was saying and I was thinking he does not want to persue this?

The public anger over the FIA appearing to have an agenda against this driver would be enormous and is that in the best inteerests of the money men behind F1?

I loved it when Webber was trying to get the drivers to refuse to race...

The camera pans to my hero Rakkinen and there he was in T-shirt, shorts and flip flops eating and eating an ice cream. Okay he had no chance of scoring points but it was still funny

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom