Do these wheels/tyres fit?? Read this first! Offset/fitment answers within..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chris Murray

The link below is to a pdf chart of all the wheel and tyre combinations as fitted by Mercedes, AMG, Brabus and Carlsson.

http://www.alloywheelsdirect.net/mercedes_wheel_fitments.pdf

If you are wondering if a particular tyre size is suitable, or if a certain rim size/offset will fit, then it is a single place to check. If one of the tuning companies hasn't attempted it, then it's an indication that it might not be such a good idea!

It is periodically updated and if you have and documentation for new vehicles or perhaps a scan from the tyre page of the manual from older models (113/107/109/124/201), I will update it!

Lastly, please make this a sticky post!

Last edited:
Question to confirm

I am considering buying some AMG wheels for my w208 CLK Conv.

18" 8.5j wth ofset 35. Now the tyres these particular wheels are 215/45R18W

looking at the document I am a bit confused (okay does not take much) so do I buy with these brand new tyres or not??

Help

Hi Everyone

I bought these Alloy wheels 2nd hand from a shop. but after buying & fitting them I was told that they are from an S-class mercedes so they used 5mm universal spacers & 50mm bolts on the front to make them fit. The back ones were fitted without spaces & just using standard bolts. My friend say's 5mm makes it sit too close but 10mm will make the wheels stick out.

The car feels a bit shaky at 50mph

I really like the wheels so want to keep them.

Can anyone tell me what size spacers & bolts I will need & where I can get them from?

Thanks

Shala

The wheels are 18x8.5 ET44.
You haven't said which car they are going on, so I will assume it's a 202!
You'll need 225/40R18 tyres and 10-13mm spacers with M12x1.5x55R14 bolts.
Fitting kit 2 or 3 from here: http://www.alloywheelsdirect.net/knowledgebase#Accessories_Bolts_Caps
Universal spacers are a nightmare and quite frankly should be made illegal, and I'll bet the bolts you have are R12 and not R14 as the wheels require.

Oh sorry. Its on a W202, is it not going to stick out with 10mm spacer? & what spacer do you use. I take it I hav to get the fitting kit 2 for £160.00. How much will it be with locking wheel nuts or does it come with it?

Thanks

Shala

17" AMG 8.5j on w208 conv

Am i okay with these wheels dressing them with 225/45/17 front and 245/40/17 on the rear?

Only worried slightly as all four wheels are 8.5j.

What are the Uniroyal tyres against Goodyear?

Yep they are the real thing. Now that the link works (Thanks!!) it suggests my theory of the 225/40 and 245/45. I would like the nod from your esteemed self.

What do you think of the tyres, which ones should I go for there GoodYears are £40 dearer than the Uniroyals.

Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3 are a popular choice on the forum..
Personally I'd go for 225/45 all round so that you can rotate fo uneven wear rates front/rear, but the 245/40 will look wider under the big 208 rear arches

bolt pack

thanks chris
recieved the bolt pack next day after ordering excellent service ordered & delivered within 24 hrs.

Would these sixe wheels/tyres fit my w202?? I'm not too clever on offsets and the like!

Thankyou.

245/40/17 REARS & 225/45/17 FRONTS

You have written tyre sizes, which are appropriate for the 202. Without details of the wheels, I can't confirm compatibility, but it's highly likely given those tyre sizes. Post a link..

245/40/17 REARS & 225/45/17 FRONTS

Looking at Murray Systems PDF at the link at the top of this thread, those are suitable tyre sizes providing that the wheel is a 17x7.5 ET35 or ET37 for the front, and 17x8.5 ET30 or ET34 for the rear.

The ET is the offset. The wheel size - including the offset should be stamped on the wheel.

If you can check the offset is within those dimensions you can be confident there won't be any ill-effects to the handling and free of rubbing on the arches, as the PDF lists valid MB and tuner sizes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom